KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
I accidently turned the advancer shaft (shaft lever disconnected) clockwise to far and it seemed to disengage from something in the primary gear area. My question is can I just pull the shaft out spin it back around to original postion and put it back in or do I have to remove the whole right side engine cover to get to it ?? Please guys I cant seem to win with this bike, everything that could go wrong so far has. Thanks in advance and I hope this make some sense. :bang: :bang:

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Been there done that.

You will have to remove the right side engine cover. The clutch cover can remain on.

Buc

louis

Sep 2, 2002
kips

With the case off check to see that the pin is parallel with the shaft and nothing is broken or bent. The pin can pull from the bracket.Be sure. This is for all the marbles.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Thanks guys. I would like to get all the gaskets before I start taking stuff off. Now can I get a gasket set to do this job or do I have to buy them individually. Any tips or tricks to help me here would be great because I have never pulled the clutch side off a motor bike before. Im scared I'm gonna find more problems. Cheers all I really appreciate your input ! !

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
It was a piece of cake. Just remember that one of the top clutch cover bolts holds the right case on. You MUST undo that one aswell. Not that I had that problem..... Oh the damn kick starter was a PITA to get off. I used a modified harmonic balancer puller to finally get it off 1hr later. Thanx again everyone.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom