advice on asterisks resistant seat cover

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
I love my asterisks, but I don't love what they do to my seat cover. I've got a standard One Ind gripper seat cover ($44). After one hour I've got tears on both sides of the seat.

What Gripper Seat cover holds up the best under Asterisks? I'm open to anything that will provide value in the long run.

Also, anyone try the factory effex B3? It's marketed as a knee brace resistant cover. Is it true tho?

Thanks in advance.

BillyWho

Sir-Breaks-Alot
Mar 22, 2001
Psalm, I use the SDG tall seat on my 450, the cover last for a several months before it starts wearing. I don't really have any other experience with other covers, so I don't really have an answer as to which one is best.

KenR

Feb 20, 2002
I wonder if a seat cover couldn't be enhanced with the addition of some well-placed leather at the affected area. Should be able to be sewn on as the covers are fabric backed.

Psalm31.24

Dec 5, 2002
I found the answer to my question on a local So Cal msg board. Here's a summary . . .

To increase the life of your cover, leave the original cover underneath this will protect from sharp edges on the plastic. Duct tape along the edges underneath the cover helps also. The FX B3 does have the best reputation of wear against knee braces.

Top Bottom