crmx91

Dec 4, 2002
about a week ago i thrashed my stock seat in a crash i had. I ordered a SDG complete seat for 90 dollars and just bolted it on this friday (june 20th) i rode 2 hours on saturday and then raced on sunday. while washing my bike today (monday the 23rd) i took off my seat to clean it and noticed that the seat cover was starting to tear right where my knees rub. I bought some asterisk knee braces this week and absolutely love them. im almost 100% sure that the knee braces are what it tearing apart my 2 day old seat. this cant be normal right? 2 days then a ripped seat cover. i like the feel of the sdg seat but for 90 dollars i expected it to last longer than 4 hours of riding. has anyone else had this problem with sdg complete seats? or is it just normal ( i hope not ) with asterisk cell's? do you think i should call sdg and request a refund or what?
thanks

steve125

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I got the new optional tall for the 03 KX and the front of the seat by the gas cap opened up on the first ride(cut open by the seat base) and the foam got soft quick. I'm not impressed with this cheap seat. :|

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by crmx91
what other complete seat options do i have?

one industries makes complete seats but i've never heard any reviews of them.

LuserKid

Sponsoring Member
Dec 27, 2002
Well when I busted my seat I put a SDG seat on it and is holding up well, granted I probably have only 4 hours on the seat. But my brother-in-law also has a SDG seat that is probably 2 years or swo old and it still looks brand new.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I got a One Industries complete black seat for my CR125, and I ripped a small hole in the top of it by the rear fender with my first race on it. I was upset, but other than the pin hole, i'm very happy with it overall.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ive got the moose seat on my yz, but it is the SDG with a different sticker. i am not impressed either, the foam is way too soft and is breaking down- i keep finding peices of foam stuck to the aiir filter.

for the RM i got a tall Guts foam- you have three choices of faom density- i got the hardest one and its great.

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
I got the SDG tall for my KTM. No problems so far, except for a small gap between the seat and tank. The feel is good, and it appears to be made very well. I have had it almost a year.

DPW

~SPONSOR~
Jan 23, 2000
I ordered one for my '02 YZ426 the tall version and had problems with it. Some of the foam came unglued so I had a bump on one side from the foam shifting and also on the underside there was a rip on each side of the seat, but they rip never got bigger. When I called SDG about the shifting foam they told me just to unstaple it and reposition the foam and staple backup...hmm that was after maybe a month of owning the seat. I also had a small gap between the seat and the front of the tank too.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
I got the regular SDG for my RM and have riden on it all year with no complants. Looks brand new. Maybe it is a problem with the tall versions?

markdup

Jun 7, 2001
I ride with Asterisk Cells & SDG set too. Wear showed on the seat within a month, and went right thru the cover in 3. foam has completely disintegrated. It seems to depend on riding style tho, as i have friends with SDG's that are like new still. I am not impressed, and wont be getting another.

PT cr

Jan 4, 2002
I put on a tall Moose seat by SDG and it is terrible. After 1 month the foam is totally sacked out. This supposedly "tall" seat is now lower than the stock seat. Complete waste of money!

Top Bottom