thejunglebook

Jul 13, 2005
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has some advice or ideas about some bikes. I'm looking to buy a used bike, and I've found a few ads, but I'm not sure if they sound worth looking at. Some of them say new parts including rear wheel bearings, new top end, front fork rebuild, new clutch cable, grips, bars, chain, sprockets, and rear tire, or rebuilt front caliber and brakes, or new top & bottom end, 1 hr on rebuilt motor, or suspension just redone, or new tires, chain, and sprocket, new seals and bearings, $900 just invested - FMF fatty pipe, silencer, new fork seals, brake pads, new cycle, top end, and power reeds, etc. . All of the bikes I'm looking at are 01 to 89 and are all around 1200-500$$. Are these things good because they were replaced or is this a bad sign, meaning that the bike was used hard? Any advice or info would be good. Thanks

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
All bikes need maintence, new or old. The new parts listed are the seller trying to make it a point that the bike has been kept up on. You will have to look at a bike in person to see what condition it is in, and most of the time its obvious. All of the parts and things you listed are items on a dirtbike that need replacing sooner or later. Just watch out if an ad says that an '89 dirtbike is still on the stock topend and things if it is beat to crap. Dont let an ad be your guide, let your gut rule your decsion. And honesty when talkin to owners is a biggie. If you dont trust them in what they're saying, DONT buy the bike. Find some one that knows bikes, and go have fun bike shopping!!! Finding one is half the fun, ok, maybe not half, but it sure is fun. And dont get a bike unless you are sure that its what you absolutly want, 100%, nothing less. Have fun!!!

Top Bottom