Status
Not open for further replies.

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
Hey im an african american rider(well soon to be) and was wondering how many black people you see riding if a any at all in what i would consider a white dominated hobby and how would you consider the general attitude of whites toward other ethnicities in dirt biking.

thanks for the post in advance

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
more the merrier :aj: :aj:

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
Thanks i still need a job to purchase the bike(im stupid for quitting my old one) but when i do i look forward to riding with anyone on the site that lives in virginia and near richmond and im excited to say my dad is gonna get me an f150 to haul it around :)

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
also what is the best yz125 you think i can get around december for around 1500-2000?

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I've met and seen a few black dirt bikers and quad riders, I'm glad to see the sport expand. Unfortuantely riding areas are shutting down in my area. The YZ 125 has been a sure bet for a while now. Just get the newest/cleanest you can. I'm thinking maybe something bewteen 2001/2003.

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
ya im kinda sketched about getting a 98/99 because it may be worn out but hopefully i will find the right one or if i can get a good paying job(im only 16) then i will get a 2000 or up

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
sameden said:
Hey im an african american rider(well soon to be)

Clairify this, your're soon to be African American or soon to be a rider

I see very few black Americans out riding, don't know why, there's all ethnicities out riding, it's a good clean, fun family sport and if you want to ride, do it

We are all different colors out there and when we gear up, well guess what, we're all different colors out there

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
sameden said:
ya im kinda sketched about getting a 98/99 because it may be worn out but hopefully i will find the right one or if i can get a good paying job(im only 16) then i will get a 2000 or up

Don't worry too much. You can get 125's very cheap these days. I just sold a nice 2002 125 for only $1600. So you should definitely be in the ball park with $1500-$2000. :cool:

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
sameden said:
how would you consider the general attitude of whites toward other ethnicities in dirt biking.

I could not care less what color your skin is as long as your bike is blue! :laugh:

You will love dirt biking people. They are the most caring group of people I know of. I cannot think of a better sport for a young person to become involved in.

:cool:

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
Thanks for the comments everyone and i cant wait to get my bike and start riding :)

rpmRMiam

Jul 7, 2005
OK, now that you have got your political correct responses up here to prove you are not racists, (even tho they actually prove you are) Let me ask a question! Why does anyone even bother to make a distinction in the first place???!!!!! A rider is a rider. Just one more point of human ignorance that annoys me. And geez sam, what is this not many af-am riders stuff? I live in Cleveland and there are plenty of brothers who ride dirtbikes/ atvs. Thanks....I feel better now.

MotoZen37

Jun 30, 2005
WTF, dude?

rpmRMiam said:
OK, now that you have got your political correct responses up here to prove you are not racists, (even tho they actually prove you are) Let me ask a question! Why does anyone even bother to make a distinction in the first place???!!!!! A rider is a rider. Just one more point of human ignorance that annoys me. And geez sam, what is this not many af-am riders stuff? I live in Cleveland and there are plenty of brothers who ride dirtbikes/ atvs. Thanks....I feel better now.

Hey fella,
While it is absolutely true that a rider is a rider, I can see why the young man that started the thread would ask such a question. This is a caucasian dominated sport, but so was football and baseball at one time too. Our fellow riders that have responded with welcoming and warmth have proven nothing about being ****** and furthermore, have proven that the vast majority of our sport care nothing about race unless it invloves a checkered flag at the end. You may wish to make a point on the subject, but you've chosen instead to insult these people by labeling them racists. I can tell which side everyone else in this thread is on. Which side are you on? Your reality in Cleveland may not be Sam's, that is why he asked others. You may know it all my friend, but I'd suggest you keep that sort of offensive tone to yourself. Sam, ride on and enjoy your new friends.

rpmRMiam

Jul 7, 2005
Sigh..............maybe in your next life you will understand where I am coming from. I am reflecting on the human condition, not insulting the people on drn. I will not apologize for being sincere. But I really want you to explain to me why my dude started this thread, since you claim to know? You know where he is coming from? I doubt it, cuz you got no clue where I am coming from, motozen37.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
How bout discussing the "human condition" on a "human condition" website?

sameden

Jul 13, 2005
lol rpm i just wanted to see how the general attitude toward other races was. because in some sports like say nascar they usually dont like black people atleast from what ive seen(and i havent seen much), but dont listen to me i dont know much about nascar anyways thanks for the post everyone

oh btw not everyone thinks a rider is a rider im sure of that......

peace out

rpmRMiam

Jul 7, 2005
So Sameden, have you got any particular makes or models you are leaning towards? I like the RM 125 because (Im gonna hear it for this) the RM125 is about the best bike ever made for handling/cornering, and balance. All motocross bikes handle good tho. The advantage of the RM is the short distance between the front of the seat and the front axle which allows you to put alot of wieght on the front wheel when cornering. Compared to the YZ (which is awesome too) there is a noticable difference. I believe handling to be the biggest impact on speed because all the bikes have plenty of power.
Anyway, I suggest **** but only if you can get a knowledgable dirtbiker to inspect before bidding or at least buy from a honest seller. This basically means reading alot of feedback. good luck

MotoZen37

Jun 30, 2005
Pardon me for my small mindedness RPM. I felt we were getting too deep on what seemed a very simple question and I took offense to percieved name calling. I have no reason to offend you or Sam. I do not know where you are coming from and vice versa. I agree with Okiewan...this is a dirtbike and related forum, we could address the human condition elsewhere. Dirtbikes bring us together, I'm quite sure discussion on worldly topics would find room to divide us all. My best to you and your boys in Cleveland. BRAAAPP!!

rpmRMiam

Jul 7, 2005
Its cool Moto. I really do not think you are small minded. And youre smart enough to buy a yz125(awesome bike). BRAAAP right back to you :joke:

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
sameden said:
how would you consider the general attitude of whites toward other ethnicities in dirt biking.

thanks for the post in advance

Buddy, we don't care how you look, that's why we wear helmets! :laugh: If you're out to ride and have fun, we are too. I haven't seen anyone ever care about what color you are on a bike (they might care what color your bike is though). Just go and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom