ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
It's been a couple years of looking, but earlier this month I finally found "the machine" that could replace my stolen IT250. My IT was stolen on Christmas day, 1990. Then life happened, and lots of time went by. I couldn't stand it anymore, so my wife and I had a long talk, and she relented to let me search for another IT. Well, I didn't find an IT490 like I wanted, but instead I found this 1992 WR500...

jason_wr500_3.sized.jpg

That's my youngest son Jason in the saddle.

It runs okay, but has it's share of issues that I'll fix over the winter. It's got a 70W lighting coil, and needs a new pipe & muffler, plus tires and a good cleanup. I'm going to attempt to make a dual-sport out of it so that I can go on some of these events with you folks. ...if you'll have me, that is.

I might be a little slow & out of practice! However I've begun working out at the gym, working out the kinks. I've gotten that right leg already in shape, as I've discovered you need a good amount of leg to start a 490! I hadn't remembered that until it was home in the garage. :) Hopefully I'll see you all in the spring!

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
That bike will get it done!!! Spring is a fine goal, but there is still a lot of riding left THIS season........

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
woodsracer369 said:
That bike will get it done!!! Spring is a fine goal, but there is still a lot of riding left THIS season........

All in good time... I have to budget these things to keep the family peace! I'd love to ride it now, but the motor isn't sorted out (timing is off, for one) and I'm still waiting on getting some gear. My tennis shoe/street helmet combo isn't conducive for enjoyable backwoods riding! I've got the new helmet, OTG goggles, and Alpinestars tech 7 boots on order though.

Top Bottom