digifox

May 25, 2006
I love Riding in snow/ice!
its just as fun as riding in water/mud :nod:
And i have like 6" of snow!!!

BUT when its 10F at noon and (as low as) -21 wind chill its to damn cold to ride even with winter gear! :bang:

Maybe Saturday its going to be 22F with a 18F wind chill :ride:

So any going to go ridding in the snow this weekend or has been ridding already?
Or am i the only Wac-job that rides all year like that?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
digifox said:
I love . . . snow/ice!

And i have like 6" of snow!!!
I should ban you from the interwebs for even thinking that.

I'm ready for winter to be done.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Jeez, pred, it just started getting snowy enough to go snowboarding.

Put on your new pink bunnyrabbit snowsuit and go play in the snow.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
you get a foot in 12 hours, after you got the three- to ten-foot berms everywhere, running out of places to put it, then come talk to me

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Perhaps Mr. Doodles can haul it all away with his dump truck?

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I'd rather have that snow and these subzero temps.....than just plain cold and NO snow. Kinda makes it pointless. As long as no ice comes into play!hahaha

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
XRpredator said:
you get a foot in 12 hours, after you got the three- to ten-foot berms everywhere, running out of places to put it, then come talk to me
Pffffft. That's a common occurance 'round here. We have almost 100 inches already this season. Supposed to get some more tonight and tomorrow I guess.

And yeah, I ride the ttr in the snow. That thing will carve through snow up to the pegs. I built a snow jump before Christmas that was pretty cool.

2strokesrock

Oct 7, 2008
we had 2 feet of snow two weeks ago and now its all gone and the ten day wheather report says we are not gonna get any soon :( :( I love the snow. I tried rideing my KDX in the snow and I could bearly stay upright!

digifox

May 25, 2006
Oh come one Pred.
I Hate winter and all its coldness but you gotta admit, Snow is fun to ride in ^_^
And like SVTMc-G said....

This is the first "snow" we have gotten all season.
Though we got a few little dustings back in nov/dec. they dont count...lol

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Get a set of tires with the sheet metal screws already in them. Dress correctly. For winter, for sure the most fun you can have with your clothes on! I remember 6" to 12" was awesome. It grabs, hooks up, and the high speed power slides! And the actually riding on ice!!!! Ah the old days, and why I hate winter now? Because I do not have the equipment to enjoy!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
digifox said:
Oh come one Pred.
I Hate winter and all its coldness but you gotta admit, Snow is fun to ride in ^_^
No. Nothing you have to work in is fun to play in.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
There is the wind chill thing, its like -15 F today, wind chills -20 to -40. I do not intend on setting 1 foot out the door, or someone is really going to pay(service plumber)$ I would figure, below 20 degrees F could get dangerous, when you are on a dirtbike going 60 mph+? Yes, the snow plow guys snivel, when they are not getting paid for it! Great, its colder here now, than the north pole? It will be above freezing this weekend, and this mess is headed east! Any locals, Ice Racing Sunday in Cedar Lake, Indiana!

J-man

May 16, 2007
I agree with Pred, I cant wait for this winter thing to be over. Right now though we are in the high 70's. Snow however sucks ya slip and slide for no reason.

250girl

Mod Ban
Dec 19, 2007
Lucky you. I have over 3 feet here right now, but at least the several weeks of -15 to -20 weather is over.... for now at least. My bike won't really run below -3, and dads usually is unpleasant, but will run to about -10.

Oh yes, I ride in the snow. Not when theres over 3 ft of it, but in the beginning and late in the year I venture out to have a little fun. I have ridden up the steep mountain trail in 4 inches of snow.Going up was.... a little hairy. Coming down was.... intensely scary. Braking was pointless. The powdery snow is ok, but this stuff was wet and sticky and slippery. It was a fun ride. Then there's the sheet-of-ice road riding that I do. It usually invlolves broken levers and bruising, but is fun nontheless. I've lodged Dad's bike into snowbanks more than once. I have come to the conclusion that they are not as fluffy as they look. Do you run studded tires in winter?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
_JOE_ said:
Pffffft. That's a common occurance 'round here. We have almost 100 inches already this season. Supposed to get some more tonight and tomorrow I guess.

And yeah, I ride the ttr in the snow. That thing will carve through snow up to the pegs. I built a snow jump before Christmas that was pretty cool.

It sucks that I only live about 200 miles away from you, and we haven't even got a dusting yet. :fft:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Them studs are killer on the frozen tundra. Get a big box of no longer than your knobbies, sheet metal screws. 5/16 or 8mm head by 3/8 or10mm long? Big knobs get a few screws in them. You will appreciate the cheap price of buying already studded tires! Its really tedious, but worth it.

digifox

May 25, 2006
Aw now why would you want to run spikes..
i think riding in snow with Plain knobbies makes you a better rider...
Since its alot harder and teaches Low/no traction control.

Lol Dragging a knee on the snow is fun going side ways, but coming back up isnt so fun...

Top Bottom