r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
OK a whole new problem has arisen.

Please help as I am about to just sell or scrap the bike as I have had it for over a month n ow and have STILL not been able to ride it!

I have now sorted the flooding problem by altering the float height (it was 5mm out!!)

I tried to set it at 16mm as stated in the manual but it would pee out when the bike got warm. I eventually set it to 17mm to resolve. The float needle looks as new.

I am running a BR9ES plug again as the manual states

However, all is now well till the bike gets hot where it just cuts out and refuses to start until it has cooled significantly.

On WOT it sounded a bit crackly and justy before it cut out it made a louder crackly noise.

I have set the bike to completly standard as per the manual with a 150 main but I have had to put in a 43 pilot as my dealer did not have the 45 i required.

I am running the R1172N needle set on the 3rd clip position and the air screw is 1.5 out from fully in

The float height is 17mm as stated above and I am running 32-1 premix. I am NOT at any serious sort of altitude and the day was warm but not hot.

Any ideas PLEASE :bang:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
This isn't my model of bike and I haven't searched for verification, but this sounds like either a sparky coil or a CDI problem.

I recall reading this same sort of gripe about the 'E' series from other riders.

Look up JasonWho. He's the guy to talk to about 'E' bikes...............

Well, US versions anyWho........

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
Hi Jason

I am not far off sea level here in the UK (well compared to you guys!) Jets over here are $12+ ago except needles which are $24!!!!

I have tried a BR8 plug and that didnt run any better

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
Did you have this problem with the bike cutting out or being hard to start before you adjusted the float? 5mm(just over 3/16") is alot for a float to be out and I am just wondering if it is set up properly.
If interested there is a post(Important Read This:Every rider Should Read This) by Fred T at the top of this forum for the Canadian Dave site that gives you a good description on setting up the float.

Last edited:

r6demon

Jul 27, 2004
I did not have the cutting out problem before i set the float BUT it was peeing out fuel when it got warm. The Tang on the float was complely level (ie it had not been set)

EST142, I did have a slight amount of oil in the ignition cover when I took ot off does this suggest the crank seal??

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom