Ahhh, the sounds of summer in Indy.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I really wish more of you could experience the noise that is my soundtrack during late August.

It started at about 8:30 this morning with a Funny Car or Top Fueler on stands cracking the throttle.

It sounds almost like thunder, but a good thunder.

Then moments later, one launched down the strip. That shook the windows in my house.

I live approx 1 mile from the tree at the "Big GO"..

I love it here!!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Must be some testing?

I'll be at there next Sat and Sun! First time in years. When we raced there we showed up Tuesday night and was there till Monday. Long week!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
They always do testing the week before. It's the only time I'll go near the place. Next weekend, I'll be far away.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Do you go to the grand stands, or the finish line? It was a sad day around here when they closed the US 30 drag strip. I only get to hear the stupid stock car track, about 3 miles away, the drag strip was the same distance the other way. Close the door and turn on the air, its sportsman's night!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
The couple of times that I have gone during testing, I was standing either right over the wall next to the cars as they launched or on the strip right behind the car.

It's pretty sick..

I have photos on my website from the last time I went.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
It's crazy being that close. The feeling in your chest......and the burning eyes...........

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Nitro motor = 1000 hp per cylinder.
Too cool...

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
They have always sounded more like a 2 stroke on steroids than a 4, to me. The ultimate BRAP! It is dangerous, but, go by the stripe and see/feel, 1000+hp and 300mph+ an even crazier rpm=WAY COOL! No crowd down there either, last time I checked?

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
I have been on the starting line when the fuel cars leave. Blurs your vision! awesome

Fuel cars are fun but not my favorite class. I prefer Comp Eliminator and Pro Mod. Although I have been a fan of Pro Stock for years.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
dales298 said:
If I don't need earplugs, I'm walkin the pits!
Cool pics from testing.

Dale

Thanks... I got a few good ones that day.

I especially liked this one.

Attachments

• _MG_4469.jpg
    _MG_4469.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Wrinklewalled tires make me smile.... :)

INDY said:
I can't get into the low power cars.. If it's not putting out 8,000 I don't really want to know about it.
Have you ridden in a newer 400+hp street car? The adrenaline rush is similar to a dirt bike. I get to drive some quick cars at work, but I've been anti-street car for a few years as I wasted way too much time and money on them in my teens. The itch is starting to flare up again since my buddy picked up an AWD 400hp rally car. It is an absolute HOOT to drive. It's just a bummer that it's so easy to get in trouble on the streets with all that power.............

Offroadr

Jan 4, 2000
IndyMX said:
I can't get into the low power cars.. If it's not putting out 8,000 I don't really want to know about it.

LOL Low power cars! :|

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
IndyMX said:
Nope, can't say that I have Joe.. I can't afford the ticket, gas, payment, insurance...

Yeah, I don't really want the cost of it either. People complain about the cost of dirt bikes... :rotfl:

If you get the opportunity to drive a really fast car take advantage of it, it's definately fun. :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom