Ahhhhhhh!!!!! bloody outsourced Indian Customer service!!!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Im gonna have to kill someone :pissed:

I got DSL internet last week. So I got to drop my current internet provider right. Umm yeaaa......

I call them up and of course they have outsourced CS to india. The 1st lady transfered me to another lady because of cource the # on the web is the wrong number. The 2nd lady's name was Angel. Um yea sure it was. My dogs name is Angel. I dont think they name people in India Angel unless they are dancing around a pole on stage, or a street vender selling...umm..goods and services.

Anyways after a way too long conversation with "Angel" resulting in me going huh can you repeat that cause I cant understand your fricking Indian accent :bang: I think I finially got it across to her that I dont want her bloody internet service and cancel me. She then transfers me to somone else to "verify" what we did.

Well this guy has an even worse accent. I cant even understand him. Not to mention that having a phone connection from another continent isn't helping anything. He is getting annoyed with me asking "could you repeat that SLOWER please". Well he cant find my account and transfers me once again.....to a dial tone. AHHHHHHHHHH......... disconnected.

I call back. Get a computer. Hit the correct keys....and get a dial done....DAMNNITTTT!!!!

I call back.....computer...hit a few keys...dial tone....ahhhhh someones gonna die!!!!!

Go for a walk.....

Rant and rave to anyone that would listen :yell:

cool off........

Sit back down and call again. Try a few diff computer options thinking any dept is better than a dial tone. Sucess, I got thru. This lady speaks slightly better english with less accent. I can almost understand her. I explain that I got disconected after trying to discontinue my account. She looks up my account and cant find it. But then suddenly she finds it. She explains that me and Angel agreed to continue my service...Like hell I did I told her. She tries selling me on this and that and I tell her to shut the hell up and cancel my service...today...now...this second. I dont want to pay another dime. She goes into the speal well havent you been happy with our service. I tell her yes I have been happy with it right up till today WHILE DEALING WITH THIS F'N INDIAN CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! NOW SHUT UP AND CANCEL MY SERVICE!!!

I think she got the hint :laugh:

Man I wonder what the rest of the day is going to bring.

slowone

Aug 4, 2006
Just pray that you don't have to deal with a credit card company regarding fraud and illegal identity use!! What a miserable pain in the AZZ of a situation!!!! :pissed:

woodsracer369

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2004
The taking of "American" first names is common practice, regardless of the country of origin. I deal with people from all over the world on a regular basis. I have run into some pretty interesting name combo's----- best ever was a women who worked for Johson Electric from mainland China

Kitty....
Chow

:rotfl:

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
:laugh:

apu3mh.png

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
slowone said:
Just pray that you don't have to deal with a credit card company regarding fraud and illegal identity use!! What a miserable pain in the AZZ of a situation!!!! :pissed:

I had one a while back. I was trying to get a loan for my bike. But because I just re-financed my house it still showed that I had a loan thru the old mortgaga company. I would call the mortgage place up explain my speal and they promised to fax something over. Nothing. Id call back, get another person, explain the situation, latter that day..no fax. This went on for 3 days every time talking to a diff person. When asked for a # where I could reach that exact same person they said they couldn't do that. Finially I went off and asked for a manager which I couldn't get. The lady promised to fax my papers to me. I called her a lier to her face. I told her to get up walk to the machine and do it now and I will wait on hold while she does it. She said she cant get up from her desk........I about went postal on her......I AM THE CUSTOMER DAMNITT....SERVICE ME!!!!! :yikes:

:)

bross

Jan 8, 2006
I went through that with Dell. Same Indian accent and everything. The guy named "Larry" couldn't understand the concept that once I send a check through the mail that I have no control over how long it takes to get to the company. I spent 20 minutes explaining things first, then yelling at the guy before I finally got sick of it and hung up on him. That experience right there is exactly why I don't deal with Dell anymore.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
I heard Dell abandoned their India call center. HP/Compaq uses India. I know I called for a neighbor and it took the guy 1 hour (no kidding) to just get the SN from me after I repeated it about 100 times and then he disconnected me.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Live chat has worked pretty well for me with customer support issues like this. Even though his screen name is "Bob" or "Mike", the grammar reveals otherwise...

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Don't even get me started on the Indian customer service!!! We had SO many problems when we moved into our new house and wanted to transfer our DSL service from our old house to this one...

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I used to have allllllllllll kinds of problems just like yours Don. But then I figured something out, I started giving everyone your credit card and phone number and street address for billing info.. Havent dealt with an Indian/Chinese accent for a long time now.. Heyyyyy,, what are buds for??
Of course,, I am still using dial up too..

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
This is what my buddies and I have been working on to get things sorted out, and starting a company with american voices...check us out, coming out in April late sometime.
http://www.techlivenow.com/

I do tech support for a large ISP I rather not mention, and I hear this all the time.

Hopefully our order at McDonalds will not being routed thru India....

Jim

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Ahhhhhhh they did it to me again.. :bang:

I just got a letter from Netscape thanking me for continuing my service with them.....WTF.....What part of "CANCEL MY SERCIVE I DONT WANT TO SPEND ANOTHER PENNY WITH YOU PEOPLE" didn't they understand :yell:

Ohhh its on now...Someone is gonna get an earfull :nod:

Top Bottom