WALKMAN

Oct 11, 2000
Will removing the air box lid give me more low end, more power across the entire power band, or just high end?
I currently running with snorkle removed as the only airbox mod.
Always looking for more power, love that low end. :cool:
Also, my air filter is a regular foam material with a red foam cover (2 elements) stretched over, seems nice. Is this stock equipment?

96 KDX 200, LA sleeve to 240, FMF Fatty and silencer.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
"the great thing about a dirt bike, they include a FREE frisebee", IMO it adds a little power everywhere and if nothing else it sounds really cool!:)

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
As long as the result is jetted to match, any mod that gets you more air gets you more power.

That would be more power everywhere. Key is to jet correctly.

re: is it stock?

No. The stock filter is a single layer of foam.....no over sock.

In the case of several aftermarket filter mfg. the sock isn't real useful unless you're in some BIGTIME junk. But then, aftermarket filters (no-toil, twinair) are multiple (2) layers of foam to START with.

It's not necessarily true that more filter is more better. A balance between the filtration needed to do the job and excessive strangulation is where you want to be.

Whether an oem, twinair, notoil or probably most any other filter, it's CLEANLINESS that's most important!!

kdxjr

Jan 2, 2002
walkman, cut the lid in half with snips or a hacksaw. I left the front part of the lid on mine. We ride through some deep water holes, I guess it helps keep some water off the filter..

Top Bottom