2stroker_88

Jan 3, 2009
Question regarding the two types of air filter oils: Is there one which is better to use than the other?

It seems like the aerosol (spray) filter oil would be the easiest, less messy way to go, however is their any difference in the performance of the oil compared to the basic fluid oil?

Thanks in advance

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
with the spray can you still have to work the oil into the filter and get messy if your doing it right.

heres what i do ...

clean the filter and dry it, then i take the top off the filter oil bottle and put the fliter on top of the bottleand hold it there while i flip the bottle over the use it like a roll on keep the filter in contact with the bottle as I "color in" the whole surface its kinda hard around the edges.. then I squish it against itself to ensure even oil consistency

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Some filter oils may be better than others, but I personally don't know of any. I use whatever I have at the time. I have spray right now and I don't notice a difference in the amount of crap it catches and I don't notice a difference on how long my top end lasts.

Top Bottom