Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
Hello I need some help from anybody. I have an 84 yz 125 and it has an 89 engine in it so there are a few headaches I am trying to get by. Right now I need an air filter that will fit in a tiny space right off the carb or some solution to get an airfilter on. You see there is only about 4 cm from the end of the carb to the monoshock. Just wondering if there is some type of TINY air fily or some kind of airfilter that can bend or whatever.Or would I just have to make one myself? MY carbs diameter is 60mm i believe. It's a mikuni or something. I just want suggestions or help or something. Thanks

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Do you still have the stock airbox? I would think that you could fabricate some sort of adapter to get the carburetor to connect to the original airbox and filter.

If not, then how about something like this, from K&N
# RU-1760

That model has a 62 mm rubber flange which should clamp down on the carburetor just fine. There are shorter versions as well.

Rod

Attachments

• RU-1760.jpg
    RU-1760.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 144

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
I don't have that much room. I do have the stock airbox. I heard there were some bendable airfilter or something anybody know what they are called?

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
My 1986 Yamaha TT225 uses a filter that is just a flat panel. It isn't more than 1/4 of an inch thick and about 4x6". It may be large enough to keep up with a 125.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
Many motorcycle shops have "bulk" air filter foam. The local one here has UNI, it comes in like an 8x10" sheet anywhere from 1/2" to 2" thick (depending on if you get fine, coarse, etc).

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Is it safe to assume that the stock airbox has been removed? Also, how much room do you have between the front of the engine and the frame? What I am getting at is: you might have an easier time moving the engine so that you can use the stock airbox. Can you get a couple of pics of what you are working with?

earl pittz

Uhhh...
Mar 9, 2007
air filter problem sugestion

If you have some foam that would be suitable for air filters, you can cut pieces to fit around the single shock. Leave a little bit of excess foam around the opening for clamping it to the carb, a hose clamp works well. Cyanocrylate (super glue) works very well on most foams for bonding. It's not the most attractive thing to do but it works just fine, I've done it myself at times.

Top Bottom