denbsteph

Mar 9, 2009
Greetings to all! My son has a crf 50, the other day he noticed his rear tire was flat. As I was putting air into it, it began to leak air from the bottom of the valve stem and rim lock. I tightened up, still leaked air. I noticed there was no washer around the bottom, so I put one on, still leaked. HOWEVER, I did noticed when I tightened one time, the lock nut or the valve stem slipped, like it was coming from the inside of the rim. I have not removed the tire off the rim yet. I know it's leaking, did the old water trick. Any feed back that is positive and adding to finding a solution is greatly appreciated. reason why I say that, is I own a street bike and belong to a forum concerning that bike. Lots of idiot's that want to add nothing but talk junk about the issue at hand. Thanks Dennis

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
The air is leaking from a hole in the inner tube and escaping from around the rim lock and valve stem. CRF 50's don't have tubeless tires.

Put a new tube in it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
All the rim lock does is push the tire bead against the rim to keep it from slipping (shouldn't be much of an issue on a 50). Snug should be plenty tight.

james.keaton

May 8, 2009
Yea snug it up good. Get it tight with very little resistance and then give it a good 1/2 turn or so. A little tighter than snug. With the torque that the 50 creates it won't be much of an issue as Patman stated. Be careful not to pinch the new tube putting it on. I have used the bike master tubes from cyclegear. They are about 11 bucks and they are heavy duty and last forever. Good luck!

denbsteph

Mar 9, 2009
I had a 1976 Z-50 and don't remember that either, this one has it and it is stock, nothing fancy with this one. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom