• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
What's everyone think about adding AirCells to the project bike?
Reports so far are very favoriable (DR Mag's Product of The Year)... they work great, easy to install (no drilling) , no maintenance , adjustable.. smoothes-out hits from rocks, stumps, breaking bumps and whoops.

Vote! Poll Closes in two days!

AirCell_Tanks.jpg

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Never heard of them. Who makes them?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I voted yes but I imagine some serious input from Jer would be needed? I know he was using the Enzo's in the past, is this a product he currently supports?

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
I voted no, if weve never heard of it before now then I don't know why we should endorse it. Unless of course they put a link on the side of the page!!!

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I think I read J.W. say that the Enzo's were copied, but not with the same results. I say no, unless he says otherwise.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Chili said:
I voted yes but I imagine some serious input from Jer would be needed?

I second that question.

They do look totally trick though.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
To clarify my earlier statement. I feel we should put a subtank system on the bike, just not sure of which brand.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'd go with enzo tanks or nothing. I've never heard of this brand before. But then again, I haven't been looking either.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Why go with Enzos?
Because you have to drill out your forks.. ie; a suspension shop has to do it?
I asked Jer about Enzo's.. the response? Get a shop to install them, and then I have to "maintain" them.

Compare the two systems... don't let ingnorance of a specific product sway you. New stuff actually does come on the market that works, is affordable and can be moved from one bike to the next without hacking the stock stuff up.

And they do the same thing.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Never had the chance to ride with AC's or Enzo's but I have actually heard positive comments about both systems so it's sort of a crap shoot I guess. I really expect either system could work well if the fork was setup with them and not just tacked on to a good setup. If Jer thinks it's Enzo or nothing then I can totally respect that. One thing I have learned over the years is I don't tell Eric, Rich or Jer what to do I just tell them what I'd like the end results to be and as long as I am honest and reasonable in what I want they ALWAYS deliver.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Hey, Okie, I'm all for you buying a set to try on your CRF. Do a back to back comparison and get back to us with your experiences. If you like them on your ride, then I say "go for it" on the fantasy bike. But I vote "no" until I hear from someone who has used them.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
Has Jer had a chance to test AirCells? Do you really think he would simply discount them because he hasn't? Sorry guys, I guess I'm just pulling for the little guy here.

We run a subtank setup on LazyBoy's 125 so that's the reason I mentioned feedback from Jer is that usually the valving and the rest of the setup (oil levels etc) takes into consideration the subtank setup. I've seen alot of very positive feedback on the Aircell setup and it's was likely the next tank system we tried after our TooTech system, simply because you don't have to drain the oil out of the tanks at the end of a ride day.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
SpDyKen said:
Hey, Okie, I'm all for you buying a set to try on your CRF. Do a back to back comparison and get back to us with your experiences. If you like them on your ride, then I say "go for it" on the fantasy bike. But I vote "no" until I hear from someone who has used them.
I'd for sure do that if there was time... I'll try to get a set asap and hope to get a ride on them early next week.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I have no experience with the AirCells tanks, but...I have worked with Both Bob Olsen and Mike Zariff of AirCel Corp.

These guys are serious smart guys. They are a young company out of TN that hit the market with some of the most inovative technology the air industry had seen for decades.
They hold a patent on a serious heat exchanger, and have built some of the best air drying equipment on the market. They are known as the go-to folks for compressed air systems in the 10,000 psi range, as their equipment was about the only thing available that really worked at that level of air production.
They also build some of the latest nitrogen producing equipmnet for fleet tire fills, etc...

I just finished a project last summer using one of their refrigerant dryers as part of a system I desinged for Ford Motors. This system provides clean dry air at a .1 micron clean/dry air system that supplies the secret Prove-Out facility for Ford trucks.

I first worked with Mike Zariff in 1997, and his proffessionalism and knowledge of the air industry is unsurpassed. Besides being over the top smart, these guys are all good people and you come away from working with them feeling very satisfied that these are the guys you want in your court.

I can't imagine one product being at any level of sub-par with these guys.

BTW...The Donaldson Group, a huge player in the air drying filtration industry, bought our AirCel just this past January. I would imagine that to be a very frutiful marriage.

I can only speak for myself, and as I stated I have never tried their tanks, but just on knowing these guys..I wouldn't hesitate one second to use any product they had their hands on.

Some of you know the type of people I am reffering to....and they are just this type. Passionate, yet down to earth.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Okiewan said:
Has Jer had a chance to test AirCells? Do you really think he would simply discount them because he hasn't? Sorry guys, I guess I'm just pulling for the little guy here.
I imagine Jer has at least some experience with them and I don't think he'd blow them off if he didn't. My point(s) was that I think it's a good idea and I'm not personally stuck on an Enzo product and trusting what Jer has to say about a specific setup has never left me disappointed. Heck I voted for them but it wouldn't be the first time one of the A-Team told me I needed something different. :)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think for sure oil levels will be different.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I love them, in principle.

Having no personal experience with sub-tanks, I defer to Jer.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I can see where they'd be beneficial. So, I guess I shouldn't say yes or no, since I haven't used either product. I'll defer to those more knowledgeable than me.

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
The Enzo's Jer put on my bike a few years ago made a HUGE differrence. I am not really sure what is different about them except for material Carbon vs Aluminum. I am not opposed to the AirCel, just want to know how it is different then what I have had.

FWIW I never had any problems maintaining the Enzo's

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Considering the principle is the same and assuming they both work (which all reports say they do), what does it really boil down to?

Are the Enzo's adjustable? does that matter?
Are the Enzo's "typical user" installable?
Are the Enzo's a simple bolt-on and bolt-off for putting on your new bike?
Do the Enzo's require modifying your forks? Does that matter?
Is it time to find out if there are more than two decent suppliers of (basically) the same product?
Are we willing to trust that DR Mag said they rock?

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
Okiewan said:
Considering the principle is the same and assuming they both work (which all reports say they do), what does it really boil down to?

1. Are the Enzo's adjustable? does that matter?
2. Are the Enzo's "typical user" installable?
3. Are the Enzo's a simple bolt-on and bolt-off for putting on your new bike?
4. Do the Enzo's require modifying your forks? Does that matter?
5. Is it time to find out if there are more than two decent suppliers of (basically) the same product?
6. Are we willing to trust that DR Mag said they rock?
1. Yes and yes.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes and so do the Aircells on some bikes according to their site
5. No
6. I trust the members and moderators of this site more so.

That said, we are building the "Ultimate DNR Bike" If the Aircell is the best thing out there then I think we should have them. But if you think they are better because they are easier to install then I say no. This is the Ultimate bike, not the easiest PU part # to install bike.

I am not sying the Aircell is not worthy of having on this stead, but I can only recommend what I have experience with. I will trust the experience of the other members and Mods of this site to decide though.

The poll should probably give options for sub tanks rather than a yes no poll. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom