Alessi's first real test this weekend!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
bclapham said:
none of you guys care for my opinion, so why would you care to hang out with me?

Cuz yur DEAD SEXY, that's why!!!

:ohmy:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
They're both at fault for poor post-race behavior. But what's interesting about the race itself, and then Alessi's comments, is that Alessi was unable to shake Ryno in the first moto followed by this comment:

And I know Ryan is fast and Ryan is capable of beating Stewart, because he's got the speed. He's just got to get the start and take off. He can beat Bubba. The problem with Ryan is that Stewart always gets in front of him on the first lap and then takes off. If it was role reversal, and Ryan got the holeshot and took off the first two or three laps, I don't think Stewart would catch him. If he did, it would be at the end.
  • Alessi realized at once that Stewart typically leaves Ryno in the dust
  • Alessi could not shake ryno
  • Therefore, the above statement. Which obviously is of no value, and was only said to give his CLOSE race significance.

"I don't think Stewart could catch him." :laugh: Criminy, this kid needs a reality check and a big lollipop. I was all ready to get behind him, but after that...

Millville ought to be pretty funny, though. :debil:

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
this kid needs a reality check and a big lollipop
I would have said the same thing but damn. Here is a 15 yr old 110 lb kid that straight up beat Ryan Hughes.. And on the big bikes, 450's! For people who have never seen Alessi, he is tiny. 110 lbs is no exageration. And for him to be competing at the level he is now is just amazing.. If he stays healthy and makes it through the ranks I dont think we will hear much talk about people doubting his abilities on a 250 class bike!

Maybe he should be our next open class canidate for the Des Nations...... :think:

I agree though they both sounded like buttheads. The difference though, Ryan is twice his age and way way more experienced with winning and losing than Alessi is. I would expect Jeff to sound like a goof but not Ryan!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
380EXCman said:
I would expect Jeff to sound like a goof but not Ryan!

Rhino's had a lot of practice. :laugh:

Mxracer695

Jan 5, 2002
Honestly alessi needs to be worried about davi millsaps , josh grant ,kyle partridge , alessi still dices it out with them and they beat him , did millsaps get any podiums in sx? josh grant beat alessi at the world minis a few weeks ago .partridge was duking it out a lil bit too in the minis.millsaps used to kill alessi when they raced together. alessi is fast but no where near stewarts speed. heck next thing ya know alessi will be saying my sights are set on rc (lol) come on now these are little races alessi is doing compared to a ama outdoor national , the truth will come out and alessi will not be on top and thats a FACT like to see him break top 10-15, ahh i only imagine his lilttle arrogant mouth when he races 250's, also at the end of the racerx comment he thanks everyone except his brother jeff which he trains with all the time , pretti sad how u dont appreciate ur own brother. I remember back whe he first started riding 125's he would talk so much S$$T people would literally stuff in him in the first corner because he was so small he couldnt start the bike if he fell,wouldnt be supprised if u saw some of that outdoors. oh well though see how his mouth holds up in the AMA series

Dirtbrat#34

Apr 22, 2004
The Alessi boys are a product of "minidad & minimom" they are pushin the boys as a if the were on a sunday morning paid program!!! That is why they are cocky!!!!! It gets the MX followers talking look at how many post on this thread!!

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
jboomer said:
Sure, Daytona right? Toughest SX round on the circuit!

Daytona is almost half way between a normal SX track and an outdoor national track..

I have seen the Aliessi brothers race and Jeff seems smoother than Mike.. I think he may end up being the better of the two in the long run.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
Interesting tidbit though is that at Whitney Jeff's lap times were almost ten seconds slower than mikes, one of our top local pros went to whitney and set identical lap times to jeff, and this racer is a second place guy here.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
OK, but I seem to remember a DMXS interview where Mike said Jeff is FASTER than he is, but just can't maintain any sort of consistency. He basically made it sound like Jeff is moody, brooding and inconsistent. When he's on, Mike said he can't beat him.

Enough of this, though. I wouldn't doubt if Bubba laps him at Millville. And I'm also one of those who thinks Millsaps will be very good outdoors.

Hey guys and gals: Is Millville a tough track? Doesn't seem like it, but I'd like to know based on Ryno's comments.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Millville has the infamous whoop monster.

Last edited:

elf

Jun 7, 2003
nephron said:
Hey guys and gals: Is Millville a tough track? Doesn't seem like it, but I'd like to know based on Ryno's comments.

Yes its a tough track. Also the national is here at the hottest most humid part of the year. If i am not in shape I cant even go 3 laps and I am done. the long whoop section really kills you. I will have front row seats at this one, hopfully every body is healthy so I can see them all ride.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
I got this from motodrive:

I was in Salinas tonight, here's what I saw:

1st moto Alessi got the holeshot and MC got a 3rd place start. Alessi opened up a gap right away, then MC got into second. MC caught up to Alessi's rear wheel, and they stayed the same until the checkers, Alessi taking the win. They high-fived after the race.

2nd moto Alessi got the holeshot again, this time Mcgrath got a second place start I believe. Mcgrath showed Alessi a wheel about 5 times early. Then Jeremy went for a block pass, but Alessi squared back underneath, just like Ron Ron did to Bubba. Over the next jump, Mike looked back at McGrath and gave a hand gesture. The next lap MC went for the block pass in the same turn, and Alessi squared underneath again. Mike took the win by a couple bike lengths. He turned around to high-five MC, and MC pulled his hand up in a backhand bitchslap position, dissing Mike. Apparently Jeremy didn't like the lack of respect from Mike looking back at him and cutting him off. Jeremy then had words with some fat dude that was coaching Alessi from the sidelines. At first I thought it was Tony Alessi, but later I saw Tony, so I wonder who the fat dude was.

The last event was the "Bounty Hunter" race, where the top riders started in a grid, the top qualifier (Alessi) starting in last place, McGrath starting 2nd to last. McGrath sliced through the field fast, Alessi going with him. Mcgrath came through the pack better than Mike did. Once McGrath got into the lead, it was another 2 laps or so before Mike got into 2nd. By that time, Jeremy had about 3 seconds on Mike. Mike narrowed the gap a little bit to maybe 2 seconds, McGrath took the win.

Overall, they both looked just about the same speed-wise, I think Alessi was faster in the two rythum sections, and MC was faster leading up to the triple and through the whoop section. McGrath is smart with his lines, he makes up time with them. But dang, Alessi looked VERY fast, and his supercross technique looked great.

Vincent Blair took 3rd place in all three races. Jeff Alessi was racing the intermediate class, he mopped up in the first moto. In the second moto I left to the bathroom, when I left he was in the lead, when I got back he wasn't on the track. I don't know if he crashed, had a mechanical, or what. I have to say right now Mike looks a good bit smoother than Jeff. Jeff looks fast, but Mike looks like he has it dialed.

You gotta give the kid credit he is only 15 and out there on a big bike mixing it up with the big boys, if only Bubba had half the sac....

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
Remember what ryno said about being able to beat wardy and johnson at local races but would be a lap down at the nats.? Applies perfectly here!

Alessi has spent his whole career racing in classes where the top 2 guys where way faster than everyones else and basically had there own race, when he lines up on a gate where all 40 guys are VERY fast, it will be a different story.

super rat

Ass Clown at DRN
Mar 31, 2001
Just like any other fast kid waiting to turn 16 but at least he is out there putting it on the line against some fast guys, testing himself. I doubt we will see this kid stay in the 125's until he points out.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
I was at Salinas saturday. The above description is very acurate. Allesi was 5 seconds behind Jeremy and was able to narrow the gap to 1.5 seconds at the finish of the Bounty Hunter. Alessi is a wholeshot king, but he has trouble in traffic. He is as fast or faster than McGrath. Good racing, but I didn't see any 'cutting off.' Remember, Hughes and Jeremy are buddies from way back.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Funny....when I read the interview the one thing that stood out to me was that questions were asked to Mike and Tony would jump in and answer them....his personality came through in that interview.....it said "I am a big stupid wanker who uses my son as a placebo for all the things I couldn't do". The sooner Tony Alessi slips into the dark history of motocross and is forgotten the better.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
this says it all for me

Jeremy McGrath said:
I think him and his family have loose lips. I mean, it seems like his little brother is pretty cool - Jeff. He’s a pretty funny kid, but I don’t agree with their tactics and I think they talk too much. There’s no sense of modesty in that family at all.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Good quote from Jeremy. The father pushes the kids, Mike seems to respond better to it than Jeff.
The best way to quiet them down is to beat them! I respect Jeremy, and he's probably right, but it sounds a little like sour grapes after you just got beat.
The kid undeniably has mad talent.

Top Bottom