almost died yesterday in a crash...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
Well after a long weekend I can't now remember, i decided to go on my sunday ride out near my house. I know the trails pretty well, so i was showing a group of people around some of them. After we got back I was doing a few runs down the powerline trail and whoop section at about 60-70 mph when i hit something in the trail that threw me off the bike and thats all I can remember. I totally forgot almost everything, and have no idea how i got home. Thankgod for these people or i would have been left for dead in the middle of nowhere. My back is so messed up, i cant even walk or barely move for that matter. The only thing i seen happen to the bike was the demarini bars are twisted pretty bad, but i am beyond messed up. Please keep me in your prayers and wish me luck, i hope i can walk normal again.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with a speedy recovery!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Scary stuff.
Hoping your back injury is just minor. I've taken a major thump to the head before, and got a cuncussion from it... can't remember many details about that entire day.
Prayers WILL go out. I promise.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I WILL give you rest. Take My yoke upon you (a picture painted for us of two oxen collared together when plowing a field) and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS."

These words aren't voo-doo. ;)
Peace, John

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
thanks guys, i didnt go to the hospital because i know they are going to mess with my back and i cant even move to get on an x ray table. I almost didn't wear my helmet yesterday too, thank god I did or I wouldn't not be writing this right now. I might end up selling or trading the bike for a 4 wheeler, I've been wanting a polaris scrambler. Oh btw the guy i bought the bike from sold it dirt cheap because he wrecked and was stuck for 4 hours before anyone found him. I'm the 4th person to wreck really bad on this bike, maybe its bad luck.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Man, get to the doctor...even if you have to go in an ambulance. That's nothing to mess around with.

...and Quads aren't any safer and actually are worse. The suspension may not be set up right on the bike and it just kicks you and the other 3 guys off.

...and did I mention...GET TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
I dont think the suspension is right on the front forks. It's like a jarring impact, and they are set all the way to soft. It's kind of a gravel whoop section, and in the middle is a 2.5" chunk of asphault i hit. I know exactly where it it, i just got throw out of my line thru the whoop section and hit it. I can move around a little now, but not without severe pain.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
1998RM250 said:
I almost didn't wear my helmet yesterday too, .

If you almost didn't wear your helmet then, you probably didn't have any other safety equipment on either. :whoa: Just a guess. :cool:

A good helmet, good boots, a chest protector, (also protects your back) neck brace, gloves and whatever else you can strap on your body BEFORE you go riding can save you from pain like this.

I agree with Gomer and RM_guy, get to a doctor and get an X-ray. You could have internal bleeding. A ruptured spleen can kill you several days after a crash.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
thanks guys, its my entire lower/middle back on the right side thats killing me.
Heres a pic of my demarini single wall pro bars from the impact. Anyone know who sells demarini bars? I tried looking them up online without much luck!

35ididy.jpg

b4gtaw.jpg

medwaste

Dec 1, 2006
Your body's more important than bars. X-rays aren't that expensive. I'm sure all those vertebrae, discs & nerves are screaming. Take care of yourself. How's your rt. kidney?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Yeah, don't worry about the bars.. get yourself checked out first.

Then invest in bars that can take a hit without getting mangled..

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
1998RM250 said:
thanks guys, its my entire lower/middle back on the right side thats killing me.
Heres a pic of my demarini single wall pro bars from the impact. Anyone know who sells demarini bars? I tried looking them up online without much luck!

35ididy.jpg

b4gtaw.jpg
I know a guy that has at least one pair hanging on his wall. I should have the number by the time you finish up with the doc.

1998RM250

Nov 5, 2008
thanks everyone, i still haven't gone to the dr though... I know your probably thinking I'm stupid, but I dont want my mom being stuck with a huge co-pay since im an unemployed college student.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
1998RM250 said:
thanks everyone, i still haven't gone to the dr though... I know your probably thinking I'm stupid, but I dont want my mom being stuck with a huge co-pay since im an unemployed college student.

Better you should die from an undiagnosed injury?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
We're pretty much all thinking you're making a very big and irresponsible mistake. Do the right thing. Or, give us your mom's phn # and we'll be the responsible ones. Come on man, get a clue.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Well, dude, you've been adivised by some pretty experienced people here. Being Polish and stubborn are NOT good reasons to flirt with the possiblility of an internal injury that could be critical or even FATAL.

Apr 30, 2007
Translation = We dish out no sympathy or shock until you go to the doctor and post x-rays or pics of your bruises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom