patriot

Nov 27, 2001
Does anyone have info. on the Alpinestar Vector boots. has anyone had a pair, if so, what do you think? And, what is the comparison to the Tech ^ & * boots for MX use. They look cool, but are they wirth a darn?
Thanks guys.
patriot

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Patriot, click HERE and there's all sorts of info.

My cousin has them, and likes them. Personally, if a guy (or gal) is long legged (like me) you'd for sure have to run shin guards!

Heywood

Feb 18, 2000
I have a pair and they are very comfy. I don't think they offer the protection of a Tech 8 or even a Tech 6. I think if I was a hardcore racer, I would opt for the Tech 8s. I ride mostly trails and dualsport, with an occasional vet class MX or GP race. I am pretty happy with them so far.

I know the racers rep for Alpine Stars and they won't let any of their sponsored MX racers use em, even if they want to. They don't want them to hurt the sales of the Tech 8s.

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
My brother has a pair that he really likes. He's had them about a year now and they've held up really well. I've walked around the house a bit in them, but never rode with them on. Maybe one of these days I should sneek them out.

mtngoat

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
I bought a pair and rode them twice before I contacted Alpinestars to return them. They took them back and gave me a new pair of M-6s. The review on this forum touched on the sole thickness, which --for me-- was the biggest problem. The sole is so much thicker that it changed my "stand-up riding geometry" and caused leg cramps when I tried to manuever the toe (also thick and wide) under the gearshift. They are very comfy, which attracted me when I tired them on at the store, but they just didn't work for me.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom