supermotoman

Apr 5, 2002
I have a pair of Vector boots which break every time I wear them. The problem is the non-replaceable plastic calf buckle which gets destroyed when I kick over my left hand kick ktm thumper. I would like to hear from anyone who has had a similar problem with these boots as I get charged £25 each time this happens (ie each time I wear them!)

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Is the buckle interfering with something on bike when you kick it? My brother has a set of Vectors and has had no problem with them to my knowledge and seems to like them.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
My friend had some of those boots earlier this year and had the same kinds of problems with the buckles breaking. What he do got a pair a tech 8's in the end.

Jh85

May 17, 2001
I've had my Vectors for about a year now, with no problems.
If I remember right someone was having problems with buckles breaking, he called Aplinestars direct and they sent him a couple newer ones free of charge. I would try calling first. Good luck

supermotoman

Apr 5, 2002
Thanks for the response - I've been trying to return/ replace the boots since I bought them in February, but customer services in the UK aren't so good... It's a shame because the boots feel good, but for the cash I want something that works!

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
are you just talking abou the top buckle? the one that holds the shin plate closed? how about the other buckes on the bottom how are they keeping up, maybe it is just your bike interfering with the buckle system?!?!?!?

supermotoman

Apr 5, 2002
It is just the top buckle that gets it - After the first repair I kicked the bike over very slowly with the decompression lever on full and the boot seemed well clear of the bike, but when I kicked it for real the buckle broke. It may be that the boot is hitting the footrest (although I haven't felt anything through the boot), but shouldn't these boots be able to take a bit of abuse anyway? As I've only managed a few minutes riding I can't comment on the lower buckles, but I wish the top one was a bit more durable!

trivial

Feb 14, 2002
This is unfortunate...I should be recieving a pair of them in the mail today...first, I hope that they fit well...second, I hope that I don't incur this problem. I will keep you guys posted.

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
keep me especially posted or PM me cuz I am really looking into getting these boots and I am wondering if i should get these or if i should be getting the tech 6's. could that buckle thing be breaking due to the left hand side kick start????

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
I have no problems with mine after 6 months. Maybe your tighting that bucket to much and it can't take the preseure(spelling?).]

Matt

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I have had no problems with mine. I have owned them for probably 9 months. The most comforatable/best boots I have ever owned. They are NOT waterproof though!

kevinkdx

Mar 25, 2001
would you say that they have decent support in the ankle/anywhere else that needs it? I want it to have some decent suport but yet be comfortable and not have that "plastic", "super stiff" boot that all the pro's use for flyin over huge table tops and triples. I am not worried about waterproofness, is that whole gray area under the sole replaceable? as my pegs seem to love rubber to chew up. Thanks for all your help, i can get a good deal on some Vectors from my local dealer(I know the owner really good) for 200 bucks. Any more opnions?

Top Bottom