Altoona, State College PA riding areas?

tjwandel

Sep 25, 2001
I am considering moving to the State College, Altoona area of Pennsylvania. Does anyone know if there is good riding up this way? Or any riding for that matter. Any ATV trails? I like to do that sometimes too. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Of course whether or not there is riding available will be a big factor in my move decision. Thanks.

OnAnySunday

Big Pig
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 20, 2000
lost in the deserts of NM
Ive heard that there is some decent riding in the StateCollege area, but never got to check it out personally.
I think "P.A.T.R.A." holds a dual sport ride east of S.C. but its been so long since i rode it, i can't remeber exactly where it was...
There are some spots around Altoona/ Clearfield, but i dont think they are "official" riding areas. (if ya know what i mean.)
There used to be a GREAT spot south of Altoona over towards the "horseshoe curve" called "Big Murph" (Cooney bros. mine) dirt bike heaven.
But some vandals messed -w- some machinery one night and the ins. co. make them shut it down.:ugg:
If they hadnt shut it down, i'd say "Big Murph" would be plenty good enough of a reason to move there.;)
I have yet to see anything like it since moving out west.

Kramer

Jan 19, 2000
The place I go requires plates, you can't avoid State roads and ride the best trails. That said, I see more atv's & unlicensed bikes there than legal ones.

This is NE of State College, and ~10 miles from home.

For other info, especially towards Altoona, call these guys, I'm sure they'll help. http://www.cernics.com/

Top Bottom