Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Can you tell me what this means? Were decisions to include up to 250 and 450 four strokes along with renaming the classes decided by the Pro Board? Just wondering how this will impact the sport as I never really understood the rule-making side of the sport or all the politics invovled. Sounds like a big deal though.

Micah

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
this breakup caused many unseen problems at the St Louis round. My personal experience was that our passes were not available because no one knew who was responsible to make them available even tho they were confirmed athe week before.
The explaination I got was this is not the actual race sanctioning portion of the AMA but instead the system that does the marketing. They are responsible for seeing to it that vendors are in the pits (and paying their fees), press has the proper credentials, advertising is sold and paid for, and many more commercial sides of the races.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Don't get me started on this.......... :fft:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
wardy said:
now lets hope the new people will do a good job.
O.K.; WHO are the the new people, and WHERE are they? WHO did they bring in with any motorsports promotion expertise? And I mean real experience.
I predict that if you thought the name change for the SX classes was lame, you'll really be impressed with the 'govern by inexperienced committee members' approach.
Oh yea, the "Buell XBRR 'not street legal, purpose-built race bike' is legal for the Formula Xtreme class" decision by these geniuses will really make for some entertaining, but not very flattering headlines in the rags.
And I thought things were bad before! :uh: :yikes:

mafols

Sponsoring Member
Nov 24, 2001
Thanks for the link....at least now I have SOME idea of whats going on :coocoo:

Sounds like motorcycle racing is going to stall for a couple of years while waiting for them to figure it out or fail. I suspect that American Honda will sit back and let the chips fall where they may. I'm glad that they are not pulling all AMA support.....

Something smells very fishy in the AMA board room :|

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
SpDyKen said:
Oh yea, the "Buell XBRR 'not street legal, purpose-built race bike' is legal for the Formula Xtreme class"

And I thought things were bad before! :uh: :yikes:

I can't see why the Buell deal would surprise anyone. The Buell uses a HD based engine. The AMA will do anything, legal or not to promote the HD. As a 40+ year member of the AMA, I have witnessed many examples of the AMA's bias towards HD and their prejudice towards any other brand that may be competitive with the HD.

Prime example is when the Honda v-twin was beating them so the AMA made the Honda run restrictor plates. What did Honda do? They said enough of this crap, we're outta here. There are many, many more examples but, that one sticks out the most in my mind. IMO, the AMA is singlehandedly responsible for the demise of flattrack racing in the USA. Few people want to go to a race where only one brand is competing. Imagine going to a MX race where only Honda's are allowed to race.

They might as well get it over with and call themselves the AMMPS, the American Made Motorcycle Protection Society. :|

Jeeze, this crap just never ends. Patti who?? :bang:

Ol'89r
AMA # 055255

(Disclaimer) This is not a slam on HD.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
All i can say is lets see if this is better or worse, amatuer has had a huge turn over the last year and a half.

the whole place will be new faces it looks like. lets hope it works better and makes sense.

it matters more then people realize, like stated above, it was the demize of dirt track or a big factor of it.

wardy

Tiger

~SPONSOR~
Aug 21, 2000
I disagree. This may be an attempt to level the playing field. There are ONLY 6 Manufacturers who's bikes can line up at an AMA National SX or MX! :( That is SAD! No wonder it's so damn difficult for sponsorships to occur. It's the BIG 5 or stay at home!

The fact that Honda is pissed confirms potential in that concept IMHO. Time will tell...

Ashame they outlawed the Aprilia RXV 450 before the bike showed up though! :(

Owners of a TM, Husaberg, Gas Gas, Sherco, Aprilia, VOR, etc... aren't even allowed to ride an outdoor National! Crazy.

Let's hope for some balance.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Ok, let's see who wants to talk about this NOW? I mean after R.C.s' "unappealable" illegal fuel penalty. What do you all think? :ugg:

slideways11

Sponsoring Member
Apr 18, 2000
Ol'89r said:
I can't see why the Buell deal would surprise anyone. The Buell uses a HD based engine. The AMA will do anything, legal or not to promote the HD. As a 40+ year member of the AMA, I have witnessed many examples of the AMA's bias towards HD and their prejudice towards any other brand that may be competitive with the HD.

Prime example is when the Honda v-twin was beating them so the AMA made the Honda run restrictor plates. What did Honda do? They said enough of this crap, we're outta here. There are many, many more examples but, that one sticks out the most in my mind. IMO, the AMA is singlehandedly responsible for the demise of flattrack racing in the USA. Few people want to go to a race where only one brand is competing. Imagine going to a MX race where only Honda's are allowed to race.

They might as well get it over with and call themselves the AMMPS, the American Made Motorcycle Protection Society. :|

Jeeze, this crap just never ends. Patti who?? :bang:

Ol'89r
AMA # 055255

(Disclaimer) This is not a slam on HD.

Just another shinning example of gross mismanagement by the AMA.

This is probably the main reason that you cannot walk into a Honda, Suzuki , Kawasaki or Yamaha dealership and buy a flattracker off the showroom floor.

The AMA has pretty much killed flattracking, made American roadracing a third tier sport at best, and is doing their best to ruin SX/MX.

Ahuge thumbs up to Honda for walking out on the AMA board.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom