Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
I'll see if me and tree jr. can make it. I heard they changed the track and made it a little harder by adding some doubles and more whoops but I haven't seen it first hand yet. I'd like to check it out. I hope they didn't ruin it.

Last edited:

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Tree said:
I'll see if me and tree jr. can make it. I heard they changed the track and made it a little harder by adding some doubles and more whoops but I haven't seen it first hand yet. I'd like to check it out. I hope the didn't ruin it.

I heard the same thing but supposedly it's better than before. Hopefullly it's nice and dry.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
I hope they didn't ruin it.

i might be able to go depending on how well i'll feel by sunday. ive had a bad cold for the last week and right now still dont feel too good but this will be my last chance before standby to ride.
have you seen there new website? http://www.amagosportspark.com/
air%20time.htm

Attachments

• S_XXair%20time.jpg
    S_XXair%20time.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Between Gorman and Amago you guys couldnt post a ride any further from me. Im thinking about doing the Prarie Dog GP at Glen Helen on Sat if I can dig up the cash. Any other takers?

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Those new pictures of the track look good. Looks like they haven't raised the price either(or did it use to be $10?).

Boodac where do you live?

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I live in the Oak Hills area of Hesperia not too far from the ridges. Im thinking that has to be a good 2 hour drive. :think:

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Too bad you don't live closer. :( I'm building up my cornering skills so I can try and make one of those Phelan twisty trail rides.

I'm going to try to be there by 9 for anyone who can make it.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
yeah i think the last time we went it was $20.00, looks like they did rearrange the track, more doubles for sure.
tree hope you make it, i need someone i can get follow to get the right speeds. it's tuff the first time on a new track because i dont have my speed/distance down just yet.after i know how fast i need to go without over/under shooting im fine.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
If we go it will probably be closer to 10:00am. I looked at the page that was posted in Steve's reply and it looks like they really made some major changes.

Boodac- I've made the trip from here to Phelan 2x in the last 2 months, it's not really that bad when you just turn up the tunes and think about how much fun you're going to have riding.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
Boodac
i think it would take about 1 1/2 maybe two hours tops. the one and only time i was there was great, not crowded at all and was well maintained, other than the mud pit. right mike, tree jr??? :ohmy: :laugh:

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Steve: When you say not busy, was that a weekend? If I dont race the Prospectors GP on Sat I,ll come on down. Right now Im swaying for the GP at Glen Helen.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
I appreciate the offer but Ive decided to give the Prospector GP at Glen Helen a shot. Definately keep me in mind for the next ride though. Im always interested in doing something new.

Kx Steve H

May 1, 2002
BooDac
good luck! i know you'll have fun at glen helen, the drive is the killer but im sure i'll be up north again. silverwood/bigbear/phelan you got it made up there. maybe you can hookup for one of the Ocotillo wells rides.
mike[SoCal]
have you ever been to el cajon during the weekend? when i was there it was crazy. lots of people! very busy! amago was a ghost town in comparison

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
I've never been to El Cajon but I hear it can get real crowded. One of these days I want to try Elsinore. I hear that's a pretty good track.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Mike Elsinore is a great track. The Vet track is a blast but just dont go there on a weekend. Entrance into Elsinore is a little pricey with the $20 insurance/year and the $20 gate fee.

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
It's looking like we'll be able to make it but we have to leave by noon. So, I want to get there early. What time do they open?

Tree

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 26, 2000
8:00am works for me. I'm also going to see if my neighbor and his son want to come along.

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Well it looks like Tree Jr is the next up and coming Motocross star. He was clearing doubles with ease. Amago sure has changed. The track is no longer for the novice. There are some wicked doubles and table tops.

Top Bottom