Amatuer perspective on 06 CRF250!

syko

Jan 10, 2004
Well, i got to ride a stock 2006 crf250 this week.
what a bike. i was a bit cynical about the whole twin pipe thing but it does work. I can't notice a damn difference as far as sound output goes but If i could hear 2db's difference i'd be superman. besides i like my bikes to roar.

anyway, cornering wise, it handles as good if not slightly better than the 05 but that was always a strong point anyway with the crf. the biggest difference i noticed was the newly found bottom end grunt. it just pulls from nothing. if your in the right gear it will just pull at your arms like a pitbull. awesome.

i'm not sure if this has anything to do with the twin cans but it does feel lighter, i know that its not actually lighter but in the air and at high speeds it feels very nimble and chuckable. its so easy now to just throw it into the line you want and it just responds to that aggression so well.

also, i noticed that it felt a bit more stable on fast bumpy sections. it does seem to stick to the ground and the back end always finds it drive. whether that is down to the tweaks or just down to it being brand new i don't know but i did feel more comfortable on this one than my 05. i felt more confident braking into corners as it just never tried to step out or wash out.

generally i'd say if you ain't got a honda, get one and get this one and if you are an 04 or 05 honda owner then it genuinley is worth getting an 06.

this one hasn't just been tweaked, it feels like a whole new machine. worth upgrading.

syko

Jan 10, 2004
thanks for the comments.
Yeah, I'm definately amateur but I keep trying to make it to the pros...who doesn't.

Marcus, I'll keep my ears open for you although most of the guys i ride/ race with seem to be hinting at a return to 2 strokes. go figure.

Voxshall

Nov 23, 2005
I just read an Australian Dirtbike mag shootout that said the CRF250 went backwards in performance from the 05.

I'm so glad to hear a differing opinion.

By the way this mag rated the 05 CRF250 at the top of the 05 shootout and ranked it 4th in the 06 even though the RMZ250 hasn't changed.

I think the results were 1) Kawi 2) Suz 3) KTM 4) Hon 5) Yam

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom