RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
For a long time now I’ve been disgusted with who so may people have looked up to as heroes. I’m sorry but sports figures and movie stars just aren’t heroes.

Real heroes are everyday people like you and me that unselfishly put themselves in life threatening, or ending, situations with total disregard for their own safety to save the life of another living soul. On September 11th, 2001 there were so many heroes.

From the office worker who stayed behind to make sure everyone else got out as the World Trade Towers were burning, who died himself, to the fireman who came off duty and raced to the scene and, with out fear or hesitation, rushed to help the wounded and dying only to perish himself when the building collapsed. Then there’s the “Let’s Roll Guy”, Todd Beamer, and his fellow passengers over a field in rural Pennsylvania who realized what was happening and what the fate of their plane was when they decided to attack their attackers in order to fly the jet into the ground to prevent it from becoming a weapon that was destine to kill who knows how many more Americans. That selfless act saved not only lives and property but showed the terrorists how firm our resolve is when it comes to protecting our freedom. And let’s not forget the maintenance workers at the Pentagon who stayed in the building to turn off ventilation systems and shut down electrical and gas service to prevent further explosions and loss of life. At the time it was believed that several more planes were inbound, expected to cause more death and destruction. And the countless number of people who came out of the wood work to perform heroic acts that will slowly surface as time goes by. There are also the rescuers that sifted through the ruble, looking for survivors, as they risked their lives, chancing that a beam or block of concrete might fall on them, or that they could slip into a 30 foot deep chasm and be lost themselves.

And lastly, let’s not forget the man you took control of our country and made very hard and difficult decision quickly and firmly. The President never wavered (even to this day) in his commitment to bringing to justice the guilty parties. His first concern was for the American people and their safety and he was ready to make the tough decisions to do just that.

A hero is also an individual that is almost embarrassed to be a hero. Todd Beamer’s wife said in an interview that Todd would be rolling on the ground with laughter at just the thought that what he did would put him at hero status. Heroes are people that jus do what has to be done. They certainly aren’t thinking of the fame that goes with it.

America finally got it right. I know who my heroes are, do you?

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
:thumb:

Kevin

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
:thumb: :thumb:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Jesus Christ is my hero.

Nice to see that the real heroes in our lives are getting the recognition they deserve, I recently wanted to start a fLame on what the term STAR meant, who or what the heck is a star. My Dad was a true hero, and all those who give of themselves to others, those who protect us, those who care for the ill, the dying, all these people are heroes.

Last edited:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
someone famous ;) once said "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends".
I think we saw a lot of those.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
:thumb:
and W made it really clear where we stand at the UN!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Nice.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
"The Tree of Liberty Must Be Sustained With Blood" Thomas Jefferson.

Mr. President, you said it so right, and so, I and many of my breatheren are ready to renew the growth.

Phillip

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Let's not forget those who had to pick up the pieces of a broken life and continue on, despite the tragic event. The mothers and fathers... brothers and sisters... sons and daughters... friends of those who lost their lives on the 11th day of September, 2001. Moving on is not easy. Let them be an inspiration to us all.

RM, what a wonderful thread. Thank you. ;)

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Originally posted by BunduBasher
Jesus Christ is my hero.

Nice to see that the real heroes in our lives are getting the recognition they deserve, I recently wanted to start a fLame on what the term STAR meant, who or what the heck is a star. My Dad was a true hero, and all those who give of themselves to others, those who protect us, those who care for the ill, the dying, all these people are heroes.

Dittos to all of that Alan :thumb:

Top Bottom