spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Following is the transcript of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in a taped statement that aired on Al-Jazeera, the Arabic satellite station, and appears to have been recorded before the U.S. strikes.

(JOINED IN PROGRESS)

BIN LADEN (through translator): Let the whole world know that we shall never accept that the tragedy of Andalucia (ph) would be repeated in Palestine. We cannot accept that Palestine will become Jewish.

And with regard to you, Muslims, this is the day of question. This is a new (inaudible) against you, all against the Muslims and Medina. So be like the followers of the prophet, peace be upon him, and all countrymen (ph), lovers of God and the prophet within, and a new battle, great battle, similar to the great battles of Islam, like the conqueror of Jerusalem. So, hurry up to the dignity of life and the eternity of death.

Thanks to God, he who God guides will never lose. And I believe that there's only one God. And I declare I believe there's no prophet but Mohammed.

This is America, God has sent one of the attacks by God and has attacked one of its best buildings. And this is America filled with fear from the north, south, east and west, thank God.

And what America is facing today is something very little of what we have tasted for decades. Our nation, since nearly 80 years is tasting this humility. Sons are killed, and nobody answers the call.

And when God has guided a bunch of Muslims to be at the forefront and destroyed America, a big destruction, I wish God would lift their position.

And when those people have defended and retaliated to what their brothers and sisters have suffered in Palestine and Lebanon, the whole world has been shouting.

And there are civilians, innocent children being killed every day in Iraq without any guilt, and we never hear anybody. We never hear any (inaudible) from the clergymen of the government.

And every day we see the Israeli tanks going to Jeanine (ph), Ramallah, Beit Jalla and other lands of Islam. And, no, we never hear anybody objecting to that.

So when the swords came after eight years to America, then the whole world has been crying for those criminals who attacked. This is the least which could be said about them. They are people. They supported the murder against the victim, so God has given them back what they deserve.

I say the matter is very clear, so every Muslim after this, and after the officials in America, starting with the head of the infidels, Bush. And they came out with their men and equipment and they even encouraged even countries claiming to be Muslims against us. So, we run with our religion. They came out to fight Islam with the name of fighting terrorism.

People--event of the world--in Japan, hundreds of thousands of people got killed. This is not a war crime. Or in Iraq, what our--who are being killed in Iraq. This is not a crime. And those, when they were attacked in my Nairobi, and Dar Es Salaam, Afghanistan, and Sudan were attacked.

I say these events have split the whole world into two camps: the camp of belief and the disbelief. So every Muslim shall take--shall support his religion.

And now with the winds of change has blown up now, has come to the Arabian Peninsula.

And to America, I stay to it and to its people this: I swear by God the Great, America will never dream nor those who live in America will never taste security and safety unless we feel security and safety in our land and in Palestine.

longtime

Oct 7, 1999
Thanks for posting, Spanky. BTW that is VERY, VERY muted from the translation I heard as it unfolded on CNN. In that translation, he didn't at the end would say that Americans wouldn't know safety until Palestinians did. He said simply that we wouldn't know safety. Period. (Also missing is the part where he stated that Americans now knew fear. From the Northern border to the Southern border. From the East coast to the West coast.) And other parts. Not saying which is right, cause I don't speak Arabic (or whatever language he was speaking). Just saying the translation I heard was even worse.

Funny part would be if he did link his war, and our safety, to Palestine, in this pre-recorded message. If so, he obviously just lost round one -- didn't foresee that GW would agree that their should be a Palestinian state -- before he started the bombing. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

YoTRacer158

Jan 10, 2001
yeah i agree with longtime with the modifications he made to spanky's version. props to spanky though, i couldnt understand half of what the translator said, let alone type it all out. all i know is that bin laden made a big mistake and hes gonna pay. i liked bush's quote "...this campaign will be comprehensive, sustained, and relentless"

Honda Rider

Oct 1, 2001
Yeah, thanks for posting his little speech.Now I really know what the little camel jockey said. I can't believe Bin Laden actually had the balls to say that to us. It really pissed me off, and made me want to go over and beat the living $%&@ out of him myself. But he can't hide in his little shack somewhere over there forever, and eventually he'll mess up, and we'll be there. He's goin down! :p

Top Bottom