marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I was reading about there products(i was bored) and found some interesting pictures of pistons as a comparison between there oils and a TC-W3 branded oil.The picture of the piston from the branded oil looks like its done the Paris-dakar rally where as the Amsoil looks as good as new-id better send off for this wonder oil right now:mad:

heres the link http://www.1st-in-synthetics.com/motorcycles.htm

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
Marcus :debil: You must really be bored trying to start another oil war.:p

I am one of those Amsoil believers but not to that extreme..it works well...but it is not a wonder oil...

Creative Marketing....got to love that big business in the good old USA..

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
I find the piston comparison pictures interesting. The TCWIII piston has severe detonation, a sure sign of oil failure...:)

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by WWR
I find the piston comparison pictures interesting. The TCWIII piston has severe detonation, a sure sign of oil failure...:)
And I'm sure the scuffing and blow-by on the skirt have nothing to do with the broken out divider between the ring grooves, either...:think :debil:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Yep failrly bored as i have my bike up for sale in the local shop and i have a crappy cold.Im not saying Amsoil is a bad oil but i cant beleive those photos.Detonation from one oil and nothing from another hmmm.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I don't think the divider is broken spanky, just think it's discoloration and carbon due to the blowby

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
The zinc and phosphourus charts they show are proof that motorcycle oil is not formulated extra robustly. My used oil analysis for my diesel truck shows higher levels of both vs. the MC lubes when new.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by smb_racing
I don't think the divider is broken spanky, just think it's discoloration and carbon due to the blowby
Are you blind? Even the edge and a portion of the top of the piston crown is missing, eaten away by detonation.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
well I don't have the best vision :silly:
but the whole up by the crown is ovbious, the space between the rings appears to me to just be discolored, but then again it's not the best photo, or maybe I'm just wrong. At either rate I'd think the damage had help from factors other than oil.

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by smb_racing
I'd think the damage had help from factors other than oil.
Ya think? LOL...I can't believe they are actually using that photo to promote oil, as if using their oil would have prevented that damage.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
Ya think? LOL...I can't believe they are actually using that photo to promote oil, as if using their oil would have prevented that damage.
Thats why I wouldnt touch any of there products with a ten foot poll.They try to use bs lab comparisons and phony four ball wear tests to hawk their product. IMHO very dishonest at beat and outright fraud at worst.

JonV

Aug 14, 2001
i dunno about that product.

i used to swear by it for my road bike. 20-50 race oil and it raised my idle 500rpm by friction reduction alone. ran it in my sons crankcase this year, (kx80) and it seemed to help the clutch wear. much less debris from plates.

BUT!

my rep lost all his main bearings in his truck, another guy lost seals in his motor, and oil consumption went up. we tried the racemix oil 50:1 and we lost a top end right off the bat, then lost the crank after switching back (weakened??)

i think the major suppliers have better, more bike specific products than amsoil.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Shock value. To a lot of people the obvious difference in the pistons is what will sell them. The head on my KTM pretty much looked exactly like the photos they have comparing the 4 popular brands. It also looked pretty much that way before I switched to Amsoil from Motul. Miricle oil? Nope, but it is quality stuff.

TexKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 1999
Funny how they can take such a sharp picture of their bottle of oil but such a fuzzy one of the piston that was used with it :silly:

Top Bottom