spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
Just a personal opinion (and you know what they say about opinions ;) ) but I would stick with the Yamalube 2R, and mix at 32:1.

P.S. try typing with the cap-lock off...

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Amsoil awesome!

A friend and I have recently switch from yamalube to amsoil and haven't looked back since. We were originally running the yamalube in a '97 KDX220 and a '01 YZ125, neither of which fouled plugs frequently, the YZ once and a while, but the KDX, never in its life. However, the bikes seem to burn cleaner, and run a little stronger, high test gas ('93 grade with lots of octane boost) sure helps too. Just my two cents. ;) On a side note, running amsoil in my buddys F250 with a leaky rear main seal has helped the leak tremendously, and oil changes are far less frequent.

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
misleading photos featured on the Amsoil site.
Almost every aspect of amsoils marketing is misleading. Thats why I wouldnt touch any of their products even IF one was superior to other available. Amsoil= big marketing scam

Last edited:

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I've been using Amsoil 100:1 at 40:1 for about 5 years and thik its an excellent oil. No visibible wear and no fouling of the power valve.
However, I don't think you can go wrong with any brand name synthetic.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
If your running Yamalube 2R then it should be OK but if your using Yamalube S-2 get rid of it. It is the worst burning oil ever. When compared to a synthetic oil it is like water.

MikeS

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 12, 2000
bwalker

I agree on the marketing it stinks...

I try to pick products by how they perform and usually try not to get caught up in the Marketing BS...when possible. Alot of companies out there would do better with honest or more sensable ads.

Mike

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
I've been using Amsoil 100:1 at 40:1 for about 5 years and thik its an excellent oil. No visibible wear and no fouling of the power valve.
At 100:1 you shouldn't see any buildup or gumming up wtih any oil, not even klotz. What is the 100:1 rate used in? that's kinda light on the oil isn't it?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The 100:1 is NOT intended to be used in bikes or anything else except engines specifically requiring that ratio. They make a product Series 2000 2 stroke oil that they suggest be mixed at 50:1 but obviously if you can mix the 100:1 at whatever ratio you want the same holds true. I use the 50:1 mix in both KTM's (360 & 50) and at 80:1 in VP MR2 in my Montesa. Eric Gorr said the piston looked great when he pulled my engine apart and needed only rings. The piston is the original and the rings had over 25 hours on them:eek: . Each person need to decide what works best for them, before switching I was running Motul and was quite happy but had less money in my pocket because it's more spendy. I will say it burns much cleaner than anything I've used but the Motul was VERY close. As long as you stay away from the bean oils it's hard to really go to wrong.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
i heard the Amsoil lowers exhaust gas temps, anybody else hear this??

Thanks,
Rick

GlennP

Jun 6, 2000
First, I agree with Patman 100%. Second, I am not a dealer. The Series 2000 Racing Oil is great stuff, based on using it for 2 years in a KTM and a Gas Gas. I got fantastic life out of my top end, PV is free and clean, and the cost is very reasonable. In my 250, I mix it at 40:1. Very little spooge with correct jetting. I too ran Motul, but at $13/L (local shop) vs. $38/gal for the Amsoil (including shipping) it can get expensive with no obvious advantage.

Vinnyl26

~SPONSOR~
Dec 8, 2000
I also use Amsoil Series 2000 for my 2001 CR250. I mix it at 50:1 and I dont get any spooge out of the tail pipe. I tore the engine apart and it looked great. I use the Amsoil 10-40w weight motorcycle oil for my 4-stroke machine to. wouldnt use anything else!

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
The 100:1 is NOT intended to be used in bikes or anything else except engines specifically requiring that ratio.
Pat, Have you ever seen a OEM reccomend that ratio? BTW Are you using series 3000 in your diesel?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom