Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
An interesting shot of the all new Honda CBR1000 AMA Superbike taken at the Daytona tire tests. Take a look at the size of the muffler cannister.

The picture came from the Superbike Planet website http://www.superbikeplanet.com

more pictures here : http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/2007/usa-superbike/tiretest/newhonda/index.htm

BJN35152.sized.jpg

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich.

From what I have heard about the new bikes, Honda should have a very successful season this year.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I sure hope that's the case Terry. Miguel DuHamel has always been a favorite of mine, so seeing him on a bike worthy of his talent and work ethic is an exciting proposition indeed.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Speaking of cool pics from Daytona here's one more from the Superbike Planet website. This is part of the Al Ivins Archive Images From Early 1970s Daytona & Talladega page on the Soup website.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/ivins/07/

This picture is especially interesting because it has a connection to DRN. So just for the fun of it , lets make a contest out of this.

The first person who posts in this thread that can identify the intense looking dude under the BSA sign to the left and the attractive young lady to the right wearing hot pants and white go go boots will win a couple of Eric Gorr's books. I'll even get Eric to sign them for you.

Put your thinking caps on kids. :cool:

7.jpg

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Okie and Scooter! Not possible.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Keep trying. ;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's Terry, fools! Ol89er about 100 years ago! Looking away from the girls, I always knew he liked boys. I think that's his wife cause she just got done chewing him out about all the motorcycle parts in their house. I got one out of two, can I have half a book?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Elk is correct.

It's Ol'89r back in his Triumph mechanic days heading off into the sunset while the stylish footwear clad Mrs. 89r and her girlfriend scope out a possible replacement for our forlorn looking hero. :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
GIDDY UP!!! Man, what she saw in 89er, I'll never know. He must be great with his wrench.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
PM an address Elky and I'll get a book sent out to you.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks! I have to clarify that I didn't recognize Mrs 89er by her back end, I mean, not that's it's different now, I mean, not that I've seen it, oh hell. I'm in deep poop, he's got my bike right now....

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
a454elk said:
Thanks! I have to clarify that I didn't recognize Mrs 89er by her back end, I mean, not that's it's different now, I mean, not that I've seen it, oh hell. I'm in deep poop, he's got my bike right now....

Oh boy! You're in trouble now copper. :laugh:

Yeah, that's me and my wife and on her left is Jim Rice's wife Kathy. What she is saying is, "Get those bikes loaded up, we've been here for two weeks. I wanna go home."

Go ahead and send him the book Rich. I'll probably have to read it to him but he can look at the pictures in the mean time. :rotfl: Silly copper. :fft:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just fix my bike old man! :moon:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
How did I know that the Texas twisted sister would show up, AFTER the game is over. Twinkie, you just reminded me of how much I really hate you! :moon: Now get back in the closet, you're not ready to come out yet.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Rich Rohrich said:
I sure hope that's the case Terry. Miguel DuHamel has always been a favorite of mine, so seeing him on a bike worthy of his talent and work ethic is an exciting proposition indeed.
After Miguel's testing crash at Road Atlanta, I'm afraid that it will probably be I.O.M's Neil Hodgson that will be working to try and catch up to the Ben & Matt show, up front.

I just wish that Honda hadn't let Jake Zemke go. He's a great guy who also knows how to go fast.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
SpDyKen said:
I just wish that Honda hadn't let Jake Zemke go. He's a great guy who also knows how to go fast.

I'm pretty sure Zemke will be on an Erion Honda in Superbike so he'll still be on a competitive bike. :cool:

Speaking of great guys who can ride, Garry Mccoy one of my all time favorite riders has picked up a ride with the Triumph factory. He'll be riding a Triumph 675 in World Supersport for the SC Caracchi factory Triumph team. Garry on a production based bike will be incredibly cool. I can't wait to see it.

For those not familiar with Garry, here's a quick example of his incredible throttle control and riding skill. In this video he was racing the Kawasaki MotoGP bike that was way off the pace development wise, but that didn't stop Garry from riding the wheels off it it and drifting it through the turns trying to make up for a lack of top speed.

The guy who posted this video wrote :

" The bit at the end where he moves about on the bike? That's because he has to rearrange his massive balls."

ENJOY

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bw5Ob_NgHo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9bw5Ob_NgHo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Jake only gets to ride the Erion F-X 600 and either 600 Supersport or 100 Superstock, I can't remember which one.

I'm almost certain that Garry made a name for himself racing speedway in AU., originally. I love watching him race! :boss: :cool:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I believe Kevin Erion is only running the 600 class now.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Yup, now I remember, that is correct, Elk.

BTW, nice shot of you, Ol'89r. I was going to guess Mike Velasco, from the hairdoo, but I guess that he would have been a bit too young to be working with you then. ;)

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom