plysWfire

Mar 1, 2001
I haven't watched the race on TV yet, so I don't know how well you can see it, but LaRocco didn't seem too concerend about the bumping rule. He took one last run at Reed in one of the final corners that almost took Reed out! There was some pretty good contact.

Watching live, I think the race was Awsome! Racing that close, I feel that someone would have been taken out, possibly on "accident", much earlier in the race. The show would have been over, somebody would have walked away with the win. Instead, they had to find new lines and invent new ways of passing, which they did.

IMHO, I think this is a great move for Supercross. Will it change it? Yes, maybe we can see two guys battle it out for 20 laps, instead of 8 laps when an aggressive pass or block move "accidently" puts another on the ground or off the track. I've been looking forward to a season where they don't crown the winner 3 rounds early, and I think this may level the field a little. The important thing is that they find a balance so that rider aren't affraid to pass. As some stated in earlier messages, looked like there was quite a bit of passing going on in this race!

Just my thoughts... but what the hell do I know, I'm a desert rider.

deano...

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Milk said:
Damn, Ain't this horse dead yet? You all are gonna beat the guts out of it! :P

The horse is quite dead.

Great racing @ Anaheim III. K-Dub Earned that one. I think Reed pretty much just screwed up the corner.

Even if he had made contact, I believe Reed would have been the one to go down.

yota

Oct 9, 2001
I thought it was a good race by 2 equally skilled guys who didn't want to take each other out. Remember Johnson/Bailey at Anahiem? That was the epitome of clean racing but good racing. I think the race was Kevins as he seemed able to pass Reed multiple times and he wasn't even winded at the end. Looked like he'd been bowling. If one of them had stuffed the other early on it would have been another runaway.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Ok, I thought of something funny here. What if the AMA would have brought this rule about in the late 70s early 80s? Twenty bucks say the racers would have just laughed at them.
In order to keep the lead. You have to keep the guy behind you from passing. Most of the the time you are not going to be faster everywhere on the track. Well, I take that back. We kinda have gotten use to that over the last 20 years haven't we?

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Is it just me or did anyone notice that when Windham was leading LaRocco made up some ground and when Reed led they pulled away? Not sure what that means but thought it was interesting.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I was noticing in the 125 main, that when Preston would go too the inside split, he would make some time, then when he caught IT and SR, he followed them on the outside :think: Cant pass by following IMO..

Hats of too KW, Great racing :thumb:

CRSpeedy

Nov 24, 2002
[QUOTE=.... it turns into a snore-fest.

If you thought that was a snore fest, why did 'nt you just go to sleep
. That was one of the best night of SX racing I ever saw. Yea your right, KW could have taken CR out earlier but then it would'nt have been such a good race.
I did'nt like it when the AMA took those pts away from Windham. I thought DV deserved it, but I'm starting to think there will be better racing now.
I have seen a lot of great battles and have videos, Matasivitch? Bradshaw come to mind here but the battle often only lasted til one went down. It was getting ridiculous how sometimes they would block and park , it reminded of the WWF or whatever that wresting thing is called.

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
I think the racing this year has been too $$$$$$$ good!!! Man you guys must have been watching different races over the last few years to me....never have I seen so many good races in a row...lots of passing ...battles that last 10 to 15 laps into the main.....and everyone concetrates on bullsh@t. KW gave Reed room last round... Reed gave some back. Respect!!!!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Agreed, some of the best racing in a long time.
Now just ponder 2005 for a moment :aj:
RC, CR, KW, JBS, TP ... ouch!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
nephron said:
Also, it looked like Preston caught them both, then 'cruised around' (his words) behind them without making a move. I wonder about his drive to win, sometimes.
Team PC Kawi tried to kill Preston last year, so survival instinct probably made him back off. :debil:

He looks really good on the CRF. I hope he can pull off a win this year.

BTW, I've seen WSB and MotoGP guys bang into each other on several occasions.

CRSpeedy

Nov 24, 2002
JuliusPleaser said:
Team PC Kawi tried to kill Preston last year, so survival instinct probably made him back off. :debil:

He looks really good on the CRF. I hope he can pull off a win this year.

BTW, I've seen WSB and MotoGP guys bang into each other on several occasions.

hmm, I forgot about that, u might be right

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
those facttory connection crf's are the most beautiful bikes i have ever seen...makes me drool just thinking about how sweet thet look.

Top Bottom