johnnysquid

Jan 4, 2009
Hey guys, just wanted to comment on the intro last nite w/ the 4 BMX kids. That was really, really cool! Stired up a lot of toasty mem's.

Got me thinking though....what would be even better, is if they were able to get some local BMX kids from each area to shoot the intro/commercial. For instance, Anaheim's neighbor (Orange) has the # 1 local bmx track in the country. That track alone has several of the CA state champs. These kids are insane, and jump higher than any of us (well, me anyways) did back in the day. I think an intro with these kids would be off the hook.

If anyone has contact with those in charge of the commercial, please pass this on. Even bonehead ideas get realized once in awhile. ;)

Thanks!!

johnnysquid

Jan 4, 2009
Didn't see that one, but last night's was a neat idea that could be improved on. Most if not all of us that ride dirt bikes started on bmx bikes.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
yeah, I could have done without it. I'm sure it was cool for those kids, though.

I guess if you're not a real race fan you gotta have all the extra crap to get you to watch.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Huh.. forgot about that.

I just thought the whole thing was a bit over the top.. Gimmicky..

I'm not one for the whole show of supercross.. I just want to see some good racing.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We were at a little A1 party... and everyone there thought the kids intro was pretty lame.... we made a few jokes about budget cuts....

I also heard they cancelled the audio webcasts? Haven't really looked into it yet, but if so, major bummer, and a big step backwards for the sport. I understand the economy is in the crapper, and I have no clue how much it really costs to run a couple hours of live audio, but I gotta think cut out a couple of fireworks from the opening ceremonies to cover the costs.... :|

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Webcast is gone and replaced with a blog and some video highlight stuff. One thing is for certain whether you liked the intro or not we got to see live coverage of every moment of racing in the night show and for that I say thank you Feld entertainment :cool:

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
BMX thing was fine. It was for the "normal" smoe that gives them a little "yes we can" type dream. I don't like a ton of gimmicks, and The first hour of the intros is to much, hell make good use of that time and give it to Motocross Files!! I want racing only if I have to sit through Stupid cross. Once it's nice outside I won't watch or waste time on either SX oR MX to much to do.

But I thought the BMX thing was "ok", easy to poke fun at i suppose, but the SUNDAY< SUNDAY< SUNDAY annoucing of the riders is getting pretty well used up to LOL!..

Webcast is gone that sucks, mainly because of the fact that holley won't annouce the race. the two they have on TV is ok, but niether are really good announcers in my opinion, give me one of those guys from canadian mx nationals, LOL and a mule with a camera guy racing along side the whoops.!!1

so my next question is when it's on what room is the chat going on at???

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
IndyMX said:
I'm not one for the whole show of supercross.. I just want to see some good racing.

Ahh the joys of a DVR. Hmm, this part sucks, fast forward......there we go! :cool:

I'm still miffed about not having Speed in HD. :yell:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
_JOE_ said:
Ahh the joys of a DVR. Hmm, this part sucks, fast forward......there we go! :cool:

I'm still miffed about not having Speed in HD. :yell:

Right on! I waited hour to start watching, then hit the FF button thru everything except actual racing... I did see a couple of seconds of kids on BMX bikes :)

B

biglou

That's what I did too. Watched the Colts/Chargers game, then jumped over to the SX and made liberal use of the FFWD button. And it ROCKS in HD! (sorry Joe, lol!)

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
I thought it was a little hokie but, like Wardy said, it was more for the average spectator not for the rabid fan.

Reminded me of the opening scenes of On Any Sunday.

Stupid cross has to appeal to a wider variety of people. The soccer mom that is wondering if she should buy her child a motorcycle or the non-riding dad that has never been to a motorcycle race. They both come expecting something completely different and walk away with a new understanding of the sport and why we want to do these things.

It would have been better IMO if they would have had James, Windham, Ryan and Reed standing on the box looking down at the BMX kids when the smoke cleared.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I thought it was gay. :nod:

Am I allowed to say that? :think:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Vic said:
I thought it was gay. :nod:

Am I allowed to say that? :think:

Only if you're gay. ;) :laugh:

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
biglou said:
That's what I did too. Watched the Colts/Chargers game, then jumped over to the SX and made liberal use of the FFWD button. And it ROCKS in HD! (sorry Joe, lol!)
:moon:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Ol'89r said:
Only if you're gay. ;) :laugh:

Hmmm. Guess I can't say ****a then, either. :ohmy:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom