TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
What's everybody running as far as ankle and elbow protection? I think I managed to break part of my foot and have sprained one of my ankles twice, so I'm starting to consider a little protection. I also saw one of my best friends break a plate in his elbow and think it could have been prevented if he had been wearing his guards. I'd realy like to get some fellow riders opinons to make a knowledgeable decision as for where to put my X-mas $.Thanks.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I personally use skateboard pads over my jersey for elbow protection. As far as ankle protection I plan on switching to Sidi boot as soon as I can afford it. They seem to be much sturdier around the ankles than other boots. Almost like ski boots.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
There is also a type of ankle brace....can't remember the specific name right now...that laces up over the ankle area. This brace was recommended to me by my ortho surgeon, as the ligaments in one of my ankles is so badly stretched that they don't "sprain" anymore :eek: These braces are available in most drug stores and should run you about $30.

TMKDXER

Sep 18, 2001
Thanks guys. I've got an old set of rollerblading pads around somewhere but if I remember correctly they were too bulky for me, but I think i'll hunt them down for the time being.

stormer94

~SPONSOR~
May 30, 2001
I've used carpenters knee pads on occaision over my riding pants to add some protection. The roller blade elbow pads sound like a good idea.

Last edited:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I got an ankle brace of the neoprene variety, it's made by mueller I believe is the name. Other than making it harder to get my boot on (they're almost too small) it was great. Helped to keep my ankle stable especially while kicking the bike. Highly recommended if you have weak ankles.

Top Bottom