Announcement: MTDR Spring Loretta Lynn's ride

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
Tom and the crew were out again today cutting more trail. They have about 14 miles of awesome stuff ribboned off and trimmed. More to come as we get closer to the ride.

Steve, there is not an official area for locking the bikes up, but there are many trees to lock them up to and good trustworthy people to watch after them. I will be camping, so if you wish, you could lock them to my trailer.

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
Steve,

To the best of my knowledge no one has ever had any problems at the hotels with the scooters during the fall ride. You are welcome to find someone in the camp ground the is willing to let you secure your scooters. If you do know anyone, 4-banger or myself will be glad to let you secure the bikes in our camp ground. We will be in one of the four A-frame cabins in the main camp ground.

See you at the ride.

tomthumb

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
I would love to come to the spring ride, but I am not sure how this will affect me at the GNCC later that month. I know that you are not supposed to ride where a GNCC is going to held before the race. I just don't want to have a good race get ruined if I get protested. Does anybody know more about this?

tomthumb

Apr 12, 2000
I am awaiting an answer on this subject from Racer Productions. I don’t think it will be an issue because of rule eleven on their web page states “Riders will be disqualified for riding a GNCC course during the 7 days prior to the first day of the event.” You can view the rules at http://www.gnccracing.com/frameset.htm

The Spring Ride is more than 12 days apart from the GNCC and the trail system will be quite different from the traditional GNCC.

tomthumb

Last edited:

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
Thanks for the offers. The only people that I know there will be the ones coming with me. I will get in touch with 1 of you as the time gets closer. I really enjoyed the fall ride and would like to do both days this spring.I feel better leaving the bikes at the campground than at a motel.

Steve

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Whoohoo! Hurry up April. Can't wait!:)
See you guys there!

Is something wrong wit MTDR's web site? The home page doesn't have any links. Anybody else having trouble?

Last edited:

ADS

Nov 21, 2001
Thanks Tom, but you know how those RP guys are. According to the rule, we can do the ride and the race too, but it is always better to be safe than sorry. At least at the MTDR ride we won't have to listen to one of John Aires' long-winded riders meetings. Does that guy ever shut up?

deagle

May 21, 2001
Hey Cal,
If you go to mtdr.net, let the page open. Then just below the logo and right above the counter, there is an area you have to "click" to enter.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Originally posted by deagle
Hey Cal,
If you go to mtdr.net, let the page open. Then just below the logo and right above the counter, there is an area you have to "click" to enter.

There must be something wrong with my cpu. I've been trying to get to MTDR's site for months. After I clicked on the enter link...the home page was a few lines of text with no links. I'm on a diff. cpu now and everything is working fine. :silly:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'm on a T1. I think our firewall is blocking some things. MTDR's site works on my home computer.:silly:

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
This is going to be the premier ride in the south this spring. Don't miss out on the 20 miles of mostly virgin singletrack and 2 days of riding. You can sign up for the ride at the ride if you wish or pre-register with the forms available at www.mtdr.net .Hope to see you there.

chamiosdog

Feb 25, 2002
3 Weeks away! The main loop is 21-22 miles and it is GREAT single track. Remember that there will be a novice loop also for kids, wives (no offense to the fast wives) and familys. It was a great addition to the fall ride and I'm sure it will be fun again. The weather should be great and even if we have rain the trails drain and dry in hours.

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
Just for clarification, The ride is open to all dirtbikers. At the ride you will have to join vsta or mtdr. This is for insurance reasons. Vsta is 15 dollars for a yearly membership and mtdr is 35 dollars. Both mtdr and vsta are family style memberships, so it covers a spouse and kids also.

deagle

May 21, 2001
Hey Mark,
Did anyone get out to work on the trails over the weekend? My guess is no cause of the rain. I am going to try to make it one day this weekend, probably Sunday. Only two more weekends to prepare.

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
I didn't go, but Tom worked on both days. He got rained out, but still got some work done before the monsoon came. I will be there on sunday also.

troy2

Oct 23, 1999
How is the weather

I live in western Ky. and we have had a bunch of rain this week. They are calling for more next week. I know L.L. drains quickly but everything has limits. Has it been raining a lot at Lorettas? Does the area ever flood?

Thanks,
Steve

4banger

Jul 2, 2000
It has rained at LL's just as much as the rest of the region, but the area is not flooded. Tom and crew were there sat/sun and the creeks were only 6-8 inches deep. The area where all the trails are is rolling hils with ample drainage in the low lying areas. The only areas that collect water are on the mx track and that section of the property, which is not where we ride, park or camp.

Does the area ever flood?? Only the area mentioned, but again the riding area is good. Thanks

Top Bottom