FifeDog

Apr 28, 2002
Has anyone ever had any experience with anodizing their stock rims. I found a place in Cali that will do my set in black and rebuild my wheels for $200. He said that they will look just a good as a set of black Excel rims, but for much less money. Sounds too good to be true, so what are your thoughts...

B

biglou

I know this has come up before. This will probably get moved to the mods forum, too. I remember seeing a link to a site that did this. Looked pretty good to me. I just can't remember which exact site it was. Seemed legit, though. Those stock Excels will chip and fade a bit, too.

ZKDX

~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2002
We do anodizing and all anodizing will chip givin the opportunity. A hard anodize treatment will withstand more than regular anodizing, but it's color is mostly dependent on the type of aluminum, and how long you anodize it for.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Local speed shop(Bicknell Racing) will anodize anything you want(as long as it fits in thier bins) for $10. I was actually thinking of getting my alum. rims off of my Golf anodized either black/bronze or gunmetal...

greaser

Mar 7, 2002
Fife,
Good question, I had my CRF's done by TCRwheellacing,in california. They did them in red and then relaced the wheels. Nice job. They also used some sort of thread lube on the spoke nipples to keep them from seizing up. I have only had to tighten the spokes twice so far, since labor day. It took about 2 weeks total from texas. I have no regrets.

see ya

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom