01RM250K3

Jun 2, 2007
i know excel is a well known company and has good products but are pro wheels any good? i've heard that on pro wheels the anodized finish comes off really easy, but pro rims are a lot cheaper than excel. Are pro rims any stronger than stock because i know excel wheels depending on the model are like 10-15% stronger and is the anodized finish durable on the excel rims or the pro rims? the anodized finish i will be getting is black.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
fatboyslim said:
Jst go with excel, you already know hy they are better so get them. Whydo you think so many bike manufactures put them on their bikes?

do you have any expierence with pro rims? im sure plenty of people run pro rims.... alot of the factory teams run renthal, does that mean renthal is better? what about the factory teams that run tag sprockets? does that mean renthal is better than tag? how about factory connection suspension rather than pro circuit suspension? its a matter of opinion.

i run pro a rim and i do have the black rim. they hold up great and yea they seem to be stronger than stock. the black finish holds up very nicley. the only time i scratched mine was when i layed the bike down on some rocks. then i put a good gouge in the rim. other than that they have held up great and look awsome. i have the rear done right now and i plan on doing the front rim soon and i will use a pro wheel.

01RM250K3

Jun 2, 2007
now when i buy the pro wheel, wheel and spoke kit, do i have to do any modifications to my stock hub on my 2001 RM250 and what is the width of the stock rear rim on a 01' rm250 because they sell two widths of 19"x1.85" and 19"x2.15"? im pretty sure its 2.15" wide but i just want to make sure.

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
No if you order the one for the stock replacement you wont have to drill your hubs. read your old rim to make sure what size you have, and I just put a pro wheel on my 125 and haven't had any problems looks great too.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
i got mine from prowheelracing.com/ with the buchman (spell?) stainless spokes. Not sure about the RM but they were a direct fit for my CR. Should be a direct fit

Top Bottom