Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
Ok, I replaced my wearting clutch in october last yr with a hinson basket and ebc clutches. (2000 cr250) Well, it seemed to be a fine setup, but lately it seems that no matter how I adjust the clutch it drags just a little bit. It is not noticable on the road or on hard ground, but anywhere else you can just barely feel it. It bothers me. I took it apart and the fibers look fine, but the plates on the inside,(closest to engine) Seem to be wearing slightly. I really do not want to replace another basket,(which has no wear, the paint has just been wore off a little where the fibers hit in places) and I dont want aluminum plates. I heard someone say that EBC fibers swell sometimes, could this be the problem? WIll it go away? Has any one run all steel plates and fibers(stock stuff)? for my bike calls for 2 alluminum plates. Is that ok to do? I am a "clutch abuser" and can see I will have the thing wore out by mid summer, and I am If I order the stuff now, I can slap the new stuff in when the EBC stuff goes bye-bye.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Mine does the same thing. Same basket and clutch kit, different bike (YZ 250).

It drags less with Yamaha 10-40 4 stroke oil in the tranny.

I replaced the clutch, basket, cable..everything I could think of.

I even went as far as to replace what I would call the support bearing and sleeve.

I then paid attentio to the inner hub. Mine was a bit rough. I smoothed the ridges down like Eric described in his book and have been happy even since. The clutch has less drag and is smoother than the new 2003 YZ I rode today.

Joepro9

Feb 17, 2001
my inner hub has marks, but no notches like the baskets get. Currently I am using 10w-40, and thats what I have always run, of course I did use a different brank this time now that you metion it, but there is still some visible wear when I tore it apart.

Top Bottom