css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
My brother rode my 220r the other day and loved it. He went and found a 98 KDX 200 for $1500. We rode Sunday and he had a blast. Sunday night we started ordering mods and new plastics etc.... Anyone have trouble putting a front mx fender on a 98? What about all the purple and white parts (fork protectors,shrouds,side covers etc....) wheres the best place to get them? what do we have to do to the mx fender. Whats the best place for graphics. Thxs as usual for the help.

ELF

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
Hey elfers did you make it to the HS Saturday? I never made it out there.

I am going to keep an eye on this tread because I had the same questions. The KDX I am looking at needs new plastic. Not from wear but from sitting and fading over time.

I can't believe how soft the suspension is on the KDX. I am sure your brother will be hooked from now on.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
first off, the front fender is the same as on the KX's up to 02. If you want to put an 03 fender on, even though it is a different part number and looks different and better. All you have to do is drill the holes a little bigger so the metal washer things fit from your old fender. This fender costs around $20. (go with UFO... there stuff is the thickest and strongest)

as for a rear fender, maier plastics makes one that bolts right on. Costs around 50$

if you wanna see some pics of my bike with these plastics (and also custom graphics) go to... www.geocities.com/xr100man18/ and also...
www.geocities.com/xr100man18/kdxinaction/

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Dude, sweet pics bro. I'll have to show him if the parts don't get here by then. I did a search but didn't find anything but I remember seeing that info around so we ordered all new plastics. Most of them ufo but some had to come from bike bandit because he wanted white side plates and they are the only ones who have them. Yes YZ250, we did get to the HS Saturday and had a good time. I want to do at least 1 race but wont be till next year due to my shoulder surgery done 3 months ago. Hey YZ250, my brother ordered new FMF pipe and silencer and the bike came with a FMF silencer and a non stock pipe (I forget which 1). If you are interested in getting a cheap pipe and silencer let me know. Also we are going to the prairie next weekend I think, if you wanna go. If not we will be rideing locally. We took of some renthal bars and put on new protaper if you need bars also. Let me know if you are intertested in either the extra parts or rideing and I'll give ya my cell#.

Later
ELF

yz250flash

~SPONSOR~
Aug 8, 2003
Elf, give me a call about the parts. I picked up the KDX last night. I will have it stripped to the frame tomorrow and go from there. I e-mailed you my cell number. Post a reply here if you didn't get it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom