Art Vandelay

Aug 9, 2005
How is it going? Well, let me first off introduce my self. My name is Greg and I currently live in San Angelo, TX. Which is 3 hours west of San Antonio. I grew up in Northern California but am currently in the Air Force so I go where they tell me. :) I hopefully am going to pick up a '02 CR125R this weekend. Dirt riding is new to me as I have only been riding on the street. Currently I have a '03 SV650, great bike, and a '91 GSX-R750 that is back in Cali. and not running. :| If anyone is near the area and wants to go ride/camp/drink/shoot guns/whatever, I am usually free on the weekends. This seems to be a great site and I hope to soak up as much knowledge as I can when I am here. Have a good one and thanks for taking the time to read my "another new guy" post. :aj:

David Bird

Jun 28, 2003
Welcome!!!!

Dude, you've got four things going for you...
1. You're a Seinfeld fan!
2. You're getting into Dirtbikes
3. You're in the AF! :aj:
4. You're from North Cali
Oh ya, you have another thing going for you... you're in good proximity to attend Dirtweek! What better way to break in your new scoot!?
Welcome to the sport and the site! I'm not quite close enough for a weekend ride, but I'm in the AF as well up in Oklahoma (Tinker). I also used to be stationed in Marrysville (Beale). So we may be able to chat about your home town if you like. Keep us informed on your new scoot. I look forward to seeing more posts from you. Take care & keep the rubber side down.
Dave

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
High Lord Gomer said:
Cool, you're the first member from west TX!

Don't mind Gomer, they don't teach Texas geography in South Carolina. Danman is farther west in Lubbock and Person8 is about as far west as you can get in El Paso (although Anthony is farther west).

As I said before, welcome to the site! There are a great bunch of guys and gals here always willing to help out with info and answers.

San Angelo is a great town! Not only is it only 3 hours from San Antonio, it is also only 4 hours from the DFW Metromess! More importantly, San Angelo is only about 4 1/2 hours from Big Bend! If you haven't learned, nothing in Texas is measured in miles, only in hours.

There is a track on Business 20 on the west side of Abilene and a large riding area between Big Springs and Stanton just north of I20 (take the FM 818 exit either way off 20 and go west on the service road for about a mile). I don't know of any tracks right there in (or around) San Angelo. I have a really good friend that just took the job of Director of Planning with the City of San Angelo that I need to come see. If I do soon, I will shoot you an email. Maye we can hook up and grab a beer/bite.

As David said, DirtWeek is coming up this fall and if you can get a week (or a few days) of leave, you should come up and join us in Stillwater, OK. You are about 6 hours from Stillwater via 277 to Abilene, 351/180 to Albany, 283 to Throckmorton, 79 to Olney and on to Wichita Falls, the HE Bailey Turnpike to OKC and north on I35 to Cooperland. Check out the North Texas Smack Pack forum for a thread pinned at the top about Camp Tejas. You will meet tons of new folks and get a chance to ride almost every bike imaginable.

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions once you get your scoot!

trakkerman

Nov 12, 2001
Welcome Art.

Are you Art the architect, the judge, or the importer/exporter. If you are an importer/exporter, there are a few bikes I'm interested in. ;)

Top Bottom