Spitfire557

Feb 3, 2005
Hey guys, what's up!

I'm new here, obviously, and figured I'd give you some background information about myself. My name is Scott, I just turned 16, got my permit, and loving every second of it. My parents were never really too pleased with me getting a dirtbike, but they gave in when I was around 13. I bought a 1985 YZ 80 for $400, with my own hard earned money. I dropped $200 into that thing, and loved it to death, but somebody offered me $800 for it, and I willingly let it go! :laugh:

Then I bought a 1990 KX 80, and this thing was fast, a huge stepup from my YZ. After making some progress in my riding skills, I decided it was time for a big bike, so I sold the KX on ****. I picked up a 1995 RM 125 off **** a couple months later, for $1300. It was a great bike, all new plastics, PC Pipe/Silencer, RadValve, Renthal bars, and some other stuff, I was pleased. After riding it for about 3 months, I realized something wasn't right (Never rode a 125 before), and started looking for some hints. Everything seemed perfect, including the powervalve, moved freely. I took the right side cover off to change the waterpump seal one night, and noticed that the thrust bearing for the powervalve was missing, that could solve my problem! 4 dollars later, I had a whole new bike, and loved it! The bike's 5 times faster now, and fits my riding style much better. I just ordered up some CEET graphics and a gripper seat cover, along with some Acerbis handguards, considering alls I ride is woods, and the occasional sandpit, I figured the handguards would be nice. I also just put a brand new Wiseco Prolite piston in, all new Cometic gaskets, new Regina O-Ring chain, new UNI air filter, and some new Boyesen reeds, and this bike is very reliable. Lately, I've been deciding whether or not to send my head out to Eric Gorr to get some work done, and have the compression bumped up, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm willing to run race gas, but we'll see. :cool:

Wow, sorry for the long post guys!

#557 :ride:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Sounds like the Rm is coming along nicely. Welcome to Dirtrider.net and hope to see you around here and maybe on the trails someday.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

I see where you have gone to your User CP and updated information relating to your location. Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

Check out the Damn Yankee Dirt Riders forum for opportunities to hook up with some fellow Keystone Staters and Nor'Easterners. They have been known to gather at Paragon for a Rites of Spring Ride in the April/May timeframe. Get that bike wrapped up and hook up with tthem.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

Top Bottom