Another Point & Shoot recommendation

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I just saw Rich's review and recommendation of his new Canon and thought I'd post some info on a little point & shoot that I just picked up last week. I bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-W30 for last weekend's trip to Disneyland. I was looking for an alternative to carrying my sling bag filled with my Canon digital Rebel, lenses, batteries, etc. I wanted something small and easy to use that would deliver really nice pictures on the fly. The Sony fits the bill!

Like most point & shoot cameras, this was really easy to use right out of the box. A few of the most basic stats....
-6 megapixels
-Carl Zeiss lens
-3X optical zoom

I got this for just under $200, but I've since realized it can be found for a bit less. For a more thorough review, check this link: http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/w30.html

So far I'm really impressed with the Sony. It's just what I was looking for and the size makes it really easy to take it out and fire it up in a hurry. Something else I really like is the fact that once you hit the power button on the camera, it's ready to shoot pictures in less than a second.

Here are a few shots from the weekend. Most were under low-light/no-light situations.

Attachments

• fireworks.jpg
    fireworks.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 138
  • jacob.jpg
    jacob.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 128
  • anna.jpg
    anna.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 146

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I was waiting near a restroom and decided to switch it over to Macro mode and see what it could do.

Attachments

• poinsettia.jpg
    poinsettia.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 124
Top Bottom