Another stupid jetting issue!!

Jim Z.

Nov 10, 2001
So I ride an 03 RM 250. I came off a a DRZ 400, which never really had jetting issues. I treated both bikes the same. Why does the RM not like me. Is it jealous of my other bikes?

I live at 8000 feet and only go up from there. I ride a lot of single track in the Beautiful Vail Colorado mountains. Lots of 1st/2nd gear trails. But then when the road opens up, a little twist of the throttle and I'm movin'.

So my questions go as follows.............

Does the Mikuni pocket calculator/jetting guide work? and if it does, does it work with my carb, which is obviously not a mikuni, but I can't remeber how to spell the name of the carby on my bike, so I won't even try???

Nombre 2, Do I need to worry about any jetting changes when I switch from the stock reeds to super stock carbon fiber reeds??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jimmy Bones

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Jim: the rm250 come with a keihin PWK carb

you want to buy james deans jetting guide, its a computer program and you simply key in the elevation and temp etc and it give you all the jetting changes you need, the best $30 any keihin owner will ever spend!

here is the man himself, tell him Bruce sent you!

JDJetting@comcast.net

Jim Z.

Nov 10, 2001
I knew what kind of carb I had, I just didn't want to butcher the spelling. As far as your buddies computer program, does it give you changes for aftermarket parts such as a pipe or a rad valve?

Thanks

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
no, it just lets you compare jets, needles, slides, clip position, temp, altitude etc.

i dont know JD personally, ive just used his program and it rocks. no one can tell you how a bike will work with what mod, they all act differently

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…