Antifreeze for bike ?

insutama

Aug 25, 2007
Hey i was just wondering this is the first winter i have had my bike and i wanna top up the antifreeze in the RAD now the stuff thats in it now is green just wondering when i go buy some is there any certain kind i should get ? the stuff in my truck is red so is there any differance is it okay to mix ?

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
do not mix green and red. just get a gallon of green (any kind except recycled) and mix it 50/50 with distilled water and ya got yourself 2 gallons of antifreeze for now and a future fluid exchange. about 8-15$ for the gallon

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
MAKE SURE IT IS FOR ALUMINUM ENGINES. Do not use regular green antifreeze. It's not much more for a quality premixed antifreeze from any auto parts store. Alot of newer cars run aluminum engines too, just use that and youll be fine. I prefer the premixed stuff because tap water can be bad for the cooling system.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
:think: Wow really? :nener: I know that. I don't see a point in buying antifreeze and distilled water, then having to mix it when you can buy it ready to use. I'm just lazy I guess. :)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
_JOE_ said:
:think: Wow really? :nener: I know that. I don't see a point in buying antifreeze and distilled water, then having to mix it when you can buy it ready to use. I'm just lazy I guess. :)
If you pay $8 for a gallon of antifreeze and $1.50 for a gallon of water, then you obtained 2 gallons of fluid for $9.50. Now, suppose you pay $10 for a gallon of 50/50 premixed. How much would 2 gallons cost? :nener:

Also, during the summer you might be inclined to use more water while less water might be required during the cold months up north.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…