insutama

Aug 25, 2007
Hey i was just wondering this is the first winter i have had my bike and i wanna top up the antifreeze in the RAD now the stuff thats in it now is green just wondering when i go buy some is there any certain kind i should get ? the stuff in my truck is red so is there any differance is it okay to mix ?

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
do not mix green and red. just get a gallon of green (any kind except recycled) and mix it 50/50 with distilled water and ya got yourself 2 gallons of antifreeze for now and a future fluid exchange. about 8-15$ for the gallon

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
MAKE SURE IT IS FOR ALUMINUM ENGINES. Do not use regular green antifreeze. It's not much more for a quality premixed antifreeze from any auto parts store. Alot of newer cars run aluminum engines too, just use that and youll be fine. I prefer the premixed stuff because tap water can be bad for the cooling system.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
:think: Wow really? :nener: I know that. I don't see a point in buying antifreeze and distilled water, then having to mix it when you can buy it ready to use. I'm just lazy I guess. :)

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
_JOE_ said:
:think: Wow really? :nener: I know that. I don't see a point in buying antifreeze and distilled water, then having to mix it when you can buy it ready to use. I'm just lazy I guess. :)
If you pay $8 for a gallon of antifreeze and $1.50 for a gallon of water, then you obtained 2 gallons of fluid for $9.50. Now, suppose you pay $10 for a gallon of 50/50 premixed. How much would 2 gallons cost? :nener:

Also, during the summer you might be inclined to use more water while less water might be required during the cold months up north.

Top Bottom