moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Prepping fro Moab now - just 5 weeks out now! :yeehaw:

We will be riding mainly between 3000 and 7000 feet with a few trips up to 10K.

My jetting for my KDX200 is spot on at 42/152 and stock needle in the middle. Engine is stock with after pipe and missing airbox lid.

I spent some time looking at the jetting elevation/temp chart and it appears like I will be most centered around a multiplier of .94. This would yield a 38/142 setup.

For you folks on 200's that spend time in this elevation - does this sound about right? I dont care if I master the jetting for this short time - I just need something that wont cost me 20 plug changes.

Sean

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Based on my limited experience and remember that all bikes are at least a little different, I would recommend a 40 primary and 145 to 148 main. It is better to be a little rich than a little lean! You can always drop your needle a notch or too also if you turn up rich on the main.

Robcolo

Jan 28, 2002
John is right on from what my notes say. [Mine's a 220 but carb is a 36 - same as the 200] I'm running a 40 pilot, 148 main & needle in 2nd slot from top. Since there's a lot of deep sand in Utah - and you're usually running on the main in sand, I prefer to be a bit on the rich side. I've not fouled a plug yet with this setup. I DO run the 8EGs or 8EVs as it's near impossible to foul those thin electrode plugs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom