Any good woods riding near San Antonio, TX?

mountain

Jan 7, 2002
I live there, and I am wondering if anyone knows of any good areas to ride (woods, not MX) in this area, besides Zars????
I know of a few good places, so if you respond and share your spots, I will share mine....

96XRBoy

Dec 17, 2000
I live in Dallas and have been looking for place to ride near SA for a long time but found none. I have asked on several board and gotten no response. If you would like to share your place to ride I have a couple of people that would love to come down and ride with you in SA.:cool:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
It's probably hard to find a place to ride in the woods, when there's only a couple trees:)

Treestomper

Sep 16, 2001
Their are a lot of tees. I know because i hit them and plow dowm th sml ones all the time. :p Have you ever been out to sam houston forest. Amsa i know has big place to ride but you have to be a member and pa for some of the lease. Besides that i do not now i mostly right now ride on my own land and other private land.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I lived in SA for 5 years when I was a kid and the trees are plenty down that way. I miss them. If you don't want a whole lot of trees come to Lubbock or Amarillo. Where we ride there are trees, but most are small cedar scub and Mesquite. A lot of no more than 6 or 7 feet tall. Given time they will become big, but because for the cotton farming most around Lubbock are not given a chance. I hit them all a lot.

mountain

Jan 7, 2002
OK, here goes....
**96XRBoy, Send me a message when you come down this way. I'd be glad to show you my favorite trail. It's a 30 mile out and back that leaves from my garage. Rocky, sometimes technical, fast, and fun. Not a whole lot out here, but I've found some fun stuff. NO jumps though. I need to do some trail work..

**bsmith, you are a cruel man, rubbing it in like that. Cruel. Warshington must be SWEET!! I have trees, but NOTHING like your area. Cruel.

**Treestomper, I think you helped once before. Thanks again.
I heard city park is more for bikes...You ride your cycle there? Technical?
I think I used to mountain bike there, and there were lots of areas where there were really big (like 2 foot) steps all over the place. There?
I am planning on planning a trip to Sam Houston. Been there? Any hints/ tips/ cool spots there? Wanna meet us there when we go? Like a weekend trip in the next month or two? I am going for sure....
Are you a member of amsa? Is your lease any good? Can you guys have guests?
Maybe we could be guests at each other's leases, as I am am member of a club that has a pretty cool place to ride...Lemme know if you're interested.

**Danman...San Antonio's trees miss you too.

Take care, and let's be a little easier on all these trees you guys run over!!

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Not cruel, just havin fun:)
I actually live on the dry side of the state, The south eastern part is all fields, I live right on the line, fields to the west and south with trees to the east an north. Kind-a best of both worlds:cool:

Treestomper

Sep 16, 2001
I have riden at city park a few times and evey time on a different bike. It is not to hard but it is kind of fun to scare the mountain bikers away. I go there sometimes to watch the triails bikes. I almost hit one going around a turn once, heas going the wrong way and guest who would have won. About Sam Houston have not been there but have heard a lot about it nd want to go here soon but i need to rebuilt my bike right now. Plus i need to get the floor in my trailer put down. About AMSA i am not in it right now but i am going to loin once i get my bike rebuilt. I do not think i am going to be joinning the lease because for one it is filled and they will not let no more people join it and also i do not have the $$$. If you ask Patman he may be able to get you in. I know he is on the lease but do not know if he is doing that much riding right now anyway.

S

skip

a.k.a. iLL-1

mountain said:
I live there, and I am wondering if anyone knows of any good areas to ride (woods, not MX) in this area, besides Zars????
I know of a few good places, so if you respond and share your spots, I will share mine....
I live in S.a. If u xit 410 W on culebra outside the loop u can make ur 1rst right turn @ the light & u'll run right into it. its a big ditch called "Devil's Den." its been there for yrs but people r barely starting to use it all the time for dirtbikes, trucks etc. check that out in ur free time.

Top Bottom