PwModder

Nov 6, 2006
Hi I have a 2001 Pw80, When I ride and hit the front brake the bike dips down in the front, I mean the front feels like the shocks are really weak but there is no oil leaking at all. Anyway to make the front suspension more stiff?? Or do I have to buy a whole new front fork for the bike with a stiffer spring. Thx for any help on this manner in advance.

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Stiffer springs and heavier fork oil.

There's a place online somewhere that sells better fork and shock springs. It's about $100 for each. Sorry, I don't have a link but look at the other PW80 threads and you'll probably find it.

PwModder

Nov 6, 2006
Thank you for your quick reply. How much more oil would you suggest?? the manual says "Recommended oil 15 wt, Capacity per leg 60 cm' (2.1 lmp oz, 20 US oz)" . A friend of mine who rides MX said what could help is to move the handle bars foward a tad to take a lil weight off the front shocks I did so and seems a lil better more comfert to. Again thx for reply, slapping on a K&N filter today can't wait to feel the difference more air is gonna make. :cool: :cool: :ride:

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Not sure how much they take. Call a Yammy shop. Just put the recommended amount of oil in but use a decent quality oil. I'm sure the stuff that comes in it is pretty lousy stuff.

Top Bottom