kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i have an 01 kawasaki kdx200 and it has a pc pipe,factoery sound 304 silencer,uni airfilter,airbox mod, carbon fiber (lt)reeds.it has a bog on the bottom end and dosent idle like it use to before i took the airbox cover off.the pilot jet is stock because i never touched it and the guy who had it before me didnt either.i did change the main jet to a 155, needle &clip is also stock.the elevation where i live is around 1500ft can u reccomend any pilot jet or anything else to get rid of the bogg. btw i run a plug with the number 8 in it cant remember the letters though. any help would be appreciated thanx jeff

DRECKFRESSER

May 29, 2003
Did you change the main before or after air box mod? leaner or richer? Why did you change it? The plug is probably a Br8es. Have you checked how it looks? Sounds like your running lean. Does it idle high or low with the choke off. If you answere these questions people here can probably help you better.
good luck!

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i changed it before the airbox mod.i leaned out the topend.i changed it because i kept foulin plugs at w.o.t.i have seen how it looks it looks kind of black.it idles low with the choke off and once its warmed up it hardly idles at all.when i shut the engine off it doesnt want to start first or secound kick

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
when i have a bogg on the low end does it mean it lean or rich i dont really know i have heard both.pilot is a 48 and i should go down to a 42 right

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I would like to hear an answer to this also. I have a bog when I open the throttle, and I'm already down to a 155 main, 42 pilot, jet needle in 2nd clip from top, with snorkel removed and AS=2 turns out (32:1 H1R, yes I know Bel-Ray sucks, I've already bought some Maxima K2 for the next tank).

I presumed I'm running too rich, but now you've got me wondering. I don't have any open spaces that would allow me to do a WOT plug chop, so I'm working off of throttle response and level of smoke out of the pipe.

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
wannaride you sound lean..mann you sound rich..
If its bogging off idle close down the AS. Set it so it runs strongest off idle- period..
Also a 42 pilot using the stock needle is pretty lean. Combined with AS at 2 out is leaner still. Hence the bog. If you can't tune it out with the AS go bigger on the pilot.

kdxmann;
I find it unlikely your setup has a bog..perhaps your are mistaken in terminalogy? Does the bike sound like a squirrel is standing on your kill switch? you appear to be avoiding the better advice thrown your way... and the description of your setup is hazy, suggesting you havn't digested the recommended resources...

Roland C

~SPONSOR~
Nov 20, 2002
kdxmann,
you are very likely rich on your pilot circuit if you are still running the stock 48 pilot jet. You may not want to jump straight to a 42, however. I'd recommend trying a 45 first and adjusting the airscrew. If it is still rich, then try a 42 pilot. It's usually better to take small steps while jetting. Your needle might be a little rich too if it is still stock. You may also want to try to raise the clip one position (to second from the top) to lean it out.
Also, if you haven't already, be sure to read (many times) the link Matt90GT gave you - it is very informative and will help you understand your jetting.

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Obviously you need to read this until your brain starts to hurt: http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/carbtuning.html

BTW on some computers including mine Clicking to that link brings up a pretty empty page, a total white background and only a few words can be seen. But if you click select all and put it in your word processor program and change all the text to black you can view it

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
50 pilot was wayyyyyyyyyyy to rich i need a 45 and adjust the screw i read that carb tunin thing and i didnt get anything i needed any further info would be appreciated

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i raised the clip on my needle and im using my stock pilot since my dealer is ordering a 45 for me he didnt have one. i was riding in 3rd gear and about 1/8-1/4 throttle and it gurgled so to speak and fouled a plug so raising that needle clip is making my low end run like crap so here is my story. damn dealer says no one uses a 45 pilot so i dont know about them but im sure about it

Top Bottom