Anybody using the Platnium 2?

kawa06

Nov 16, 2003
I'm finally about to finish up the spring semester of college and get to go home soon and spend some more time on my bike. I'm starting to do some mods to my virtually stock (minus the airbox :laugh: ) '03 220, and I was wondering if anyone here is running the Pro Circuit Platnium 2 yet. When I was looking around to try to decide what to buy, I ran across the Platnium 2, and I remembered a post a few months ago about the pipe (which the guy loved it), but wanted to know how it was working for anyone else. From what i understand, the Platnium 2 is basically PC's version of the gnarly with more on mid and top rather than focusing primarily on bottom end. Do I have the wrong impression, or does this pipe dominate? Thanks for any info...

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Pipe is great. Have it on my 2002 200 and could not be happier. There are a few threads out there on the Plat 2.

No regrets at all. In all honesty - I think the FMF pipe is nice as well - I was just fed up with their fitment issues and their terrible customer service. No such thing with the PC.

There are only a handful of folks ont he list that have the pipe.

sn

boymess

Apr 14, 2002
kawa06, I have had the same question for months. I've run both FMF pipes and a Dynoport big volume. The Dynoport wins the power battle easily and is well built...however, it is big and an even bigger target for rocks and trees. moridin...how's the PC2 look on the bike? Is it pretty tucked in or is it vunerable?

est142

Dec 30, 2003
pc is well tucked,but all pipes are vulnerable directly in front of the frame. not knocking other models, but i would go pc and grab a maier pipe guard as well.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I am not quite sure how to link to an exact message - but here you go..

http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=92016&page=3&pp=10&highlight=platinum

Go to message 26 and you can see what mine looks like installed.

FWIW - I have ran two very rocky enduros and some pretty rocky joy riding with no marks to date. I am heading to Moab next week - so if it is going to get dented, that is the place.

Very happy with how it is holding up. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is that the finish for the first 12" of the pipe turns easily. It does come clean with some elbow grease and Mothers. I gave up on keeping the pipe shiny. I really dont care about looks - but it looked so very nice when first installed.

Sean

boymess

Apr 14, 2002
est1142 and moridin - I followed the link to the pictures you submitted...the pipe looks as well tucked in as any pipe I've seen to date. From what you've both stated, I gather that both of you have run an FMF before running the PC2?? If so, could you both give a power character comparison for the forum?? Thanks.

kawa06

Nov 16, 2003
Thanks guys...I think I'm gonna try it out and put it on my bike as soon as I finish this semester of school. I have a lot of plans for mods on my bike...just no time right now to ride or do any work on the bike because of school. When I finally finish this semester and get some more stuff done to it, I'll post a picture and tell ya what I think of the pipe. Can't wait till my baby screams :flame:

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
The PC 2 revs out on top more than the FMF and from what I can tell - does not give anything up on the bottom side.

Both pipes are designed very similar - so either will give you very similar results. Sorry - about all I can tell you.

If you want to boost the bottom - and add ALOT more room on the top for the bike to rev out, this is THE pipe.

sn

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom