Anybody who owns a YZ, CRF, or RMZ 450... help and advice

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
Hey guys, as some of you know am looking to upgrade to a 2003-2005 450. Im not really interested in KXs because of my friends experiances.

I think i can find one for around $2500-$3000.

But my questions are;

As a rider that has been riding two strokes his entire life, is it to hard to make the change?

Ive only ridden 250 fourstrokes but that was enough for me to want one, it the powerspread on the 450 similar?

Out of the YZ, RMZ and CRF, what experiances have you had with any. Good and Bad. I really just want to know what i am getting into with matenance and gernading motors and stuff. I have been fortunate so far. Knock on wood. :nod:

are there any years of these i should stay away from for any one reason?

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
well if its a great deal, you'd be getting a bike with a bonus roadtrip to boot, maybe have some fun with the old man out on the open road, see some sights. if you were planning on 2500 in your area that leaves 700 for a road trip. act fast or im going to swoop that up as its almost my neighborhhood. i cant imagine i couldnt ride it for a season or two and recoup my money

Thumper96

Sep 3, 2005
I have a 04 CRF 450 forsale if your interseted i'm in northern nj I'll let go for 3200 it got suspension, it was just rebuilt about 25 hrs ago good tires let me know

loudandproud

Jul 29, 2006
YZrdr250 said:
how could you switch from a 2 to a 4
simple, i actually rode one, i could go alot faster on it than on my bike. It also took alot less effort.

And if that makes me "lazy" or "unskilled" so be it, i guess im with Bubba and RC then.

Top Bottom