Anyone else addicted to Blackberry's?

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I think I am well on my way. I just bought a Pearl 8100 on fleabay. I have already been reading up on OS/ software upgrades and the capabilities of the BB Pearl. Pretty cool to think that cell phones are more like computers these days. If your phone doesn't have a feature you want, then someone can make a program that'll do it. LOL I have a feeling I'll be "fussin' alot with it when it arrives. Lots of free and cool stuff you can do to it/ with it. :nod:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
U R Gay Greenie. :coocoo:

A phone is a phone. You use it to call people, or get calls from people.

A Computer is for home use, or perhaps during travel with a laptop.

Don't mix the two, or you will soon find yourself walking around with one of those ubergeek ear-pieces. :nener:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
RM_guy said:
I like 'em but the seeds git stuck between ma teeth ;)
Yep when in season I can not resist crawling into the bushes and eating them as fast as I can pick them :nod: . Just wish the thorns would go away

And Greenie, Rooster was correct :cool:
When my wife got her new phone the girl wanted to show her all the features and camera and ..... My wife quickly told her in no uncertain terms "I want a phone that does nothing but make and receive calls the girl was so disappointed I guess she didn't get much commission off that sale :blah:
Then at work they gave her a blackberry which she gave back and told them just give her a laptop to take home and she would use her own cell phone

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Nope, not me.

But my "smart phone" (motorola 'Q') sure makes me feel dumb, because I cannot figure it out. :bang:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
iPhone is better :nener:

Like any good PC thread you need at least one mac freak to speak up!!
In June my iPhone will become a leash for I will get new software to work with Outlook, or maybe since 80% of my customer interactions are email, I could actually accomplish something at one of my 4 soccer practices a week!

For now I use it a lot for texting the wife, no need to speak to the woman anymore ;) , I also use the weather feature and webbrowser a lot. If I need a phone number no more 411, I do a quick google search and get the number, not to mention the iPod. I also keep a lot of notes so I can remember everything, yet I do tend to forget I made the note until after I needed the number!
Currently I have the War and Peace book on tape to listen to besides a few hundred songs!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Rooster said:
U R Gay Greenie. :coocoo:

you will soon find yourself walking around with one of those ubergeek ear-pieces. :nener:

er um what ear piece? LOL I actually have a bluetooth headset but honestly only use while I drive. I take it off and either put it in my pocket or leave it in my truck when I'm not driving.

Wow, I didn't really plan on this turning into a "Anyone else hate Blackberry's?" thread. LOL

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Yeah, I should have just made this about "smart phones" and not just BB. Whether it's iphone, Palms, Blackberry's or whatever else. bsmith, I like the iphones but cool things like those come with higher price tags. LOL
Currently I have the War and Peace book on tape to listen to
Yours has a (tape) cassette player? LOL :rotfl:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
GEEEEEKS! LOL

I just sat in the clinic yesterday waiting to submit a UA for a possible job. There was this "tweenage" girl sitting there with her blueblackredgreenorangeberry texting her butt off. All I could think was that sitting and waiting for your call to see the doctor is bad, but what in the heck did people do before all this technological crap? We read magazines and books! We actually engaged in a conversation, maybe made a new friend. Now all I see is people yacking on their phones or texting someone.

Society sucks, I'm moving to the shack out back at Pred's house and kill animals for food! :coocoo:

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
I love mine...it has taken the leash off me. I make a living off that thing. My laptop stays home or in the hotel and I can work and play at the same time.
Granted, it took a few weeks to figure out that there is a time when that thing just needs to be put away too, but generally it saves me time, lets me be mobile and I don't have to lug a big freakin laptop...plus I got tired of everyone looking at me funny when I held my laptop to my ear ;)

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Rooster said:
GEEEEEKS! LOL

I just sat in the clinic yesterday waiting to submit a UA for a possible job. There was this "tweenage" girl sitting there with her blueblackredgreenorangeberry texting her butt off. All I could think was that sitting and waiting for your call to see the doctor is bad, but what in the heck did people do before all this technological crap? We read magazines and books! We actually engaged in a conversation, maybe made a new friend. Now all I see is people yacking on their phones or texting someone.
Hey cradlerobber you already have a young wife at home now just stay away from be-friending those tweenage girls ;) :nener: Maybe she was using the blackberry to keep you away :boss:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
oldguy said:
Maybe she was using the blackberry to keep you away :boss:

Awww, come on man, I wasn't even making eyes at her! :boss:

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Book on MP3 just doesn't sound as good yet ;)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
LOL smith!

Rooster I'll keep to my blackberry hobbies and you stick to your tweenagers. :rotfl:

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
must be a long winter for you guys all this talk about phones blckgrenn berries and tweegers :coocoo:
dont know about you guys but im going riding :ride:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I bought a Palm Treo. I figure best to learn it for the future. Has anybody cracked the screen of their IPHONE yet? A co worker broke his and was able to fix it himself fwiw.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Rooster said:
. . . Society sucks, I'm moving to the shack out back at Pred's house and kill animals for food! :coocoo:
Snow's gone, squirrels are out. should be some good eatin' . . .

but no blackberries yet

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster said:
Society sucks, I'm moving to the shack out back at Pred's house and kill animals for food! :coocoo:

Have fun with that - I think I'll stay in our nice, new, cozy apartment. :nod:

Greenie - I do want a Blackberry - I love the looks of the pearl. Did you pay full price on evilbay or did you get a good deal?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
squeaky said:
Have fun with that - I think I'll stay in our nice, new, cozy apartment. :nod:

I think I'll grab me a nice big sammich and sit back as I watch Rooster's Luddite inspired life unravel. :whoa:

bsmith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Snow's gone

Well, not all they way up yonder, purt near a white out right now with the ground blanketed in the white stuff!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
squeaky said:
Greenie - I do want a Blackberry - I love the looks of the pearl. Did you pay full price on evilbay or did you get a good deal?
Squeaks,

I broke my current phone and I just re-upped my contract with AT&T a year ago. So yes, I paid full price on evilbay. I scoured EB as I noticed there's alot of variation in price vs. extras between sellers. I got mine for $219 + free shipping. The part I really like is that you can upgrade EVERYTHING on the phone. Just by free software upgrades alone I can pretty much make it more like one of the top of the line Pearl's. :cool:

Top Bottom