Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
hi,,

i heard that kdx rims are not as strong as a kx.. but has anyone ever actually blew out your rim from a jump or hard hit on a root? and if you have,, tell me just how hard you hit.......

thanks...

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
my son overjumped a tabletop and hit at the base of the next jump.  Pulled his spokes through the rim on one side but amazingly the stock KX rim didn't bend.

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
I haven't blew out a rim yet but my rims look like they were beaten with a sledge hammer. Both front and rear rims are pretty tweaked from jumping.

dtsviper

~SPONSOR~
May 31, 2000
One time, at band camp...

Seriously, at an enduro, I think it was Lubbock Trail Riders, I slammed a rock at the bottom of a downhill going into a creek. It bent the rim on one side and pinched the tube (didn't find that out until the tire went flat about 10 miles later). The hit was pretty hard as all I heard was a big "BANG" and jolted my whole body. The bike never even wandered on the trail and I didn't really give it much thought at the time.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. Let's just say the hit was pretty hard on a rock that was sticking out at an angle.

DTSViper

kx_693

Jul 2, 2002
ive see one rim that was pretty bad, but the kid came up real short on a 80 footer. and abut the frame the only think i have seen was my buddy's 99 he hit arock real hard, and broke the guard on the left side off, the one that is u shaped and down by the case

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom